Two Weeks before Exams

As the final exams of our high school journey loomed closer, the tension in the air was palpable. The entire school seemed to buzz with the collective stress of impending tests. With textbooks piled high and notes scattered around, my friends and I found ourselves entrenched in last-minute study sessions.

Ishika and I had claimed one of the study rooms, nestled in a quiet corner of the school library. It was our designated sanctuary, where we could focus without distractions. Surrounded by shelves of books and the soft hum of fluorescent lights, we delved into our respective subjects.

I glanced over at Ishika, her brow furrowed in concentration as she flipped through her history textbook. "How's it going?" I asked, trying to break the silence that hung between us like a heavy curtain.

She looked up, a tired smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Slowly but surely. I swear, if I have to memorize one more date, I might just lose it."

I chuckled, empathizing with her plight. "Tell me about it. Trigonometry feels like a foreign language at this point."

We fell into an easy rhythm of studying, the occasional rustle of pages, and the click of pens filling the air. But amidst the chaos of equations and theorems, there was a sense of camaraderie—a silent understanding that we were all in this together, navigating the treacherous waters of adolescence and academia hand in hand.

As the afternoon wore on and the sun dipped lower in the sky, we forged ahead, determined to conquer the challenges that lay ahead. And though the road ahead may have been daunting, I found solace in the knowledge that I had my friends by my side, every step of the way.