A Shift in Aarav's Behavior

Two days later as I sat in the corner of the canteen, flipping through the pages of my notebook, I couldn't help but notice the sudden change in Aaren's behavior towards me and Ishika. It was as if a switch had been flipped, and everything was different now.

I glanced over at Ishika, who was engrossed in a conversation with Nidhi, her eyes occasionally darting towards Aarav. I knew she had feelings for him.

Curiosity gnawed at me, so I pulled Aarav aside during a break between classes, hoping to get some answers.

He hesitated for a moment before meeting my gaze, his expression guarded. "I'll tell you about it when the time is right, Shriya," he replied cryptically.

My mind raced with possibilities, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it had something to do with Ishika. But without any concrete information, I decided to let the topic drop for the time being.

Later that day, Ishika and I found ourselves sitting on the steps outside the school, the afternoon sun casting long shadows across the pavement.

"Do you think something's going on with Aarav?" I ventured, unable to contain my curiosity any longer.

Ishika let out a sigh, her expression troubled. "I don't know, Shriya. It's like he's been avoiding me lately, and I can't figure out why."

We exchanged a knowing look, both of us lost in our own thoughts as we contemplated the mystery of Aarav's sudden change in behavior. Little did we know, the answers we sought were closer than we could have ever imagined.