My First Crush

**** Rohan Chhabra****

I remember the first time I saw her like it was yesterday. It was during the annual function practice, a chaotic mess of students rehearsing their lines and trying to remember their dance steps. Amidst the chaos, she stood out like a beacon of serenity.

Her name? I had no idea. All I knew was that she had a warm smile that could melt even the coldest heart, and her expressive dark brown eyes seemed to reflect every emotion swirling within her. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders in waves, catching the light in just the right way to accentuate its natural shine. And her attire, a simple yet elegant dress, hugged her curves in all the right places, accentuating her natural beauty. She moved with a grace that was both captivating and mesmerizing, as if every step she took was choreographed by the heavens themselves.

She was just a beautiful mystery, a vision that left me breathless every time our paths crossed.

I didn't learn her name, until my brother Laksh mentioned it in passing. He had been studying in the same class as her brother, Jay, and that's how he came to know about her. But to me, she was simply the girl with the warm smile and the captivating eyes, the girl who unknowingly stole my attention from the very first moment I laid eyes on her. 

But even as I became acquainted with her identity, I couldn't shake the feeling of embarrassment that washed over me whenever she caught me stealing glances in her direction. I had been secretly admiring her from afar, never daring to confess the depth of my feelings.

Little did I know then that Shriya would become the protagonist of my life's greatest story—the tale of my first crush.