I like him!

I sat at the dining table, pushing around my cereal with my spoon and nerves dancing in my stomach like a troupe of jittery butterflies. Today was the day I would finally tell Ishika about my feelings for Rohan.

When I reached my class, I sat beside Ishika, & I took a deep breath, summoning the courage to broach the subject.

"Ishika," I said tentatively.
Ishika looked up from her book, a quizzical expression on her face.
"What's up, Shriya? You look like you've got something on your mind."
I fiddled, trying to find the right words. "I... I need to talk to you about something important."
"Okay, shoot," Ishika said, setting her book aside and giving me her full attention.
"I... I really like Rohan," I blurted out, the words tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop them. "I've been thinking about it a lot, and I'm sure now. But I'm worried about what's going on between him and Nidhi."
Ishika's eyes widened in surprise and then softened with understanding.
"Shriya, I had a feeling there was something going on with you and Rohan. But as for Nidhi... I don't think you have anything to worry about."
Ishika nodded thoughtfully, her brow furrowing in concern. "Well, from what I’ve seen, Rohan seems genuinely interested in you, Shriya. Maybe it’s one-sided from Nidhi’s end."

And in that moment, as the morning sun streamed through the window, I knew that no matter what lay ahead, I had the unwavering support of my friends by my side.