Unexpected Encounter

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and the warm sun streamed through the windows, casting a golden glow over everything. My family had decided to spend the day together. We planned to watch a movie and explore the mall afterward, something we hadn't done in ages.

As we strolled through the bustling mall, the excitement of being out together filled the air. My mom was busy admiring a display of colorful scarves, while my dad and Jay trailed behind us, chatting animatedly.

The smell of fresh popcorn wafted through the air, enticing us towards the cinema halls. We settled on a movie and found ourselves in line for tickets, the excitement palpable in the air. That's when Jay, being the mischievous soul that he is, caught sight of Rohan's family. My heart skipped a beat, and before I could even process what was happening, he was already teasing me, his laughter echoing through the crowded space.

"Seriously, Jay? Do you have to do that every time Rohan's name comes up?" I grumbled, trying to hide the faint blush creeping up my cheeks.

Jay grinned mischievously, shrugging his shoulders. "Hey, what are brothers for if not to embarrass you in front of your crush?" 

I replied. "I dont like him at all."

As fate would have it, our families ended up chatting, leaving Rohan and me to exchange awkward glances, unsure of what to say or do in such a sudden encounter.

The silence hung between us, heavy with unspoken words and untold stories. It was as if time had frozen, and we were stuck in this moment of awkwardness, neither of us knowing how to break free.