Unexpected News

As I sat down for dinner with my brother Jay, I was caught up in my own world, replaying the events of the day in my mind. Little did I know, Jay had some news of his own to share.

"Hey, Shriya, guess what?" Jay said, excitement lacing his words.

I looked up from my plate, curious. "What's up, Jay?"

"We have a new guy in our class. His name's Laksh," Jay revealed, a mischievous grin spreading across his face.

My interest piqued, I leaned in, eager to hear more. "And? What's so special about this Laksh?"

Jay chuckled. "Well, apparently, his brother is quite taken with you. He couldn't stop talking about you, saying how much Rohan admires you. Seems like you've got an admirer."

I couldn't help but blush at the thought. "Really? That's... unexpected."

"Yeah, his brother seems like a nice guy. Thought you might want to check him out," Jay teased, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Alright, alright. We'll see."

We finished our dinner amidst laughter and sibling banter, but my mind kept wandering back to this mysterious newcomer, Laksh and his brother. The anticipation of meeting his brother added an extra spark to my evening.

After dinner, Jay and I made a plan to meet at the school's canteen the next day, eager to catch a glimpse of this guy who apparently had his eyes set on me. Who knew what surprises awaited?