The Discovery

As the usual rhythm of our school day unfolded, books and notes sprawled across our desks, we delved into the realm of academia with a focused determination. Ishika, ever the bearer of intriguing tidbits, burst into our study group with a revelation that piqued our curiosity.

"Shriya, I've got some juicy info," she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

I glanced up from my textbook,  & asked "What's the gossip this time?"

Ishika leaned in, a mischievous grin playing on her lips. "It's about Rohan."

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of his name. 

"What about him?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"He's from a family of professionals," Ishika revealed, her voice tinged with excitement. "His dad is an Orthopedician, and his mom is a teacher."

I nodded,  "What else did you find out?"

"He's never really been interested in girls before," Ishika continued, her tone conspiratorial. "You might be the first one to catch his eye, Shriya."

The revelation sent a flutter of excitement through me, mingled with a hint of apprehension. Being the object of someone's affections was uncharted territory for me, especially someone as mysterious as Rohan.

As we continued our studies, my mind kept drifting back to Ishika's revelations about Rohan. What was it about me that had captured his attention? And how would our newfound knowledge of his background change the dynamics between us?

Only time would tell.