Back to Our Town

I couldn't contain my excitement as we drove back to our town. The wind whispered through the windows, carrying memories of my adventures with Ishika and Aarav. But today, it was different. Today, I had a story of my own to share.

As we reached home, I rushed to tell my parents about Ishika's victory in the competition. My words tumbled out in a flurry of excitement, and I could see the pride shining in their eyes. But amidst the joy, a question nagged at me.

"How do you know Rohan's parents?" I blurted out, unable to hold back my curiosity any longer.

My parents exchanged a knowing glance before my mom spoke up, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Oh, we met them on the day of the results," she said, her tone filled with mystery.

I raised an eyebrow, sensing there was more to the story. "On the day of the results? How come I didn't know about this?" I asked, feeling a pang of betrayal at being left out of the loop.

My dad chuckled, ruffling my hair affectionately. "We wanted it to be a surprise," he explained, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile at their antics. Typical parents, always keeping secrets. But deep down, I was grateful for their love and support, even if they did enjoy teasing me relentlessly.

Meanwhile, Jay, my ever-annoying brother, couldn't resist chiming in with his usual teasing remarks. "Looks like someone's got a crush!" he teased, earning himself a playful smack on the arm from me.

Ignoring his antics, I turned back to my parents, feeling a warm sense of belonging wash over me.

But as I lay in bed that night, staring up at the ceiling, a nagging question lingered in my mind: Do I really like Rohan, or am I just intrigued by the mystery of his gaze?