Our Eyes Met. Again!

I saw Aarav staring at me during the lecture, his gaze lingering a moment longer than usual. It seemed like he wanted to tell me something, but the words remained unspoken, lost in the quiet chaos of our shared glances. I couldn't quite figure it out, so I dropped it, deciding to let the mystery unravel in its own time.

It was during lunchtime when I, along with my friends Ishika, Nidhi, and Aarav, were sitting in the canteen, lost in our own worlds of conversation and laughter. The usual hustle and bustle of the canteen provided a comforting backdrop to our daily routine. 

Then, he appeared. Rohan. His presence seemed to command attention, effortlessly drawing gazes towards him. Our eyes met across the crowded room, and for a moment, it felt like time stood still. 

Nidhi blushed, her cheeks flushing a delicate shade of pink as she caught sight of him. Ishika, usually the life of our group, seemed a little subdued, her eyes betraying a hint of sadness as she glanced at Aarav, who seemed lost in his own thoughts, distant and aloof.

But amidst the subtle shifts in our dynamics, Ishika's keen eyes didn't miss the silent exchange between Rohan and me. With a mischievous glint in her eye, she leaned in close, her voice teasing yet affectionate.

"You know, Shriya," she said with a playful grin, "it's not polite to stare." Her words were accompanied by a knowing wink, and I couldn't help but laugh, feeling a warmth spread through me at the camaraderie of our friendship.

I shrugged, unable to deny the truth in her words. "Guilty as charged," I replied with a smile, grateful for the shared moments of levity amidst the complexities of teenage emotions and friendships.

As the chatter of the canteen continued around us, I couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that lingered in the air. What secrets lay hidden beneath the surface, waiting to be revealed? Only time would tell, but for now, I was content to savor the simple joys of friendship and the thrill of fleeting glances across a crowded room.