The Canteen Disclosure

I told Ishika about my dinner conversation with my brother, and she expressed interest in seeing the person too.

During the lunch break, as Ishika and I stealthily made our way to the school canteen, I couldn't help but feel a mix of nerves and excitement. Today was the day we were going to uncover the identity of the mystery admirer who had been stealing glances at me.

As we entered the bustling canteen, my brother Jay waved at us from a corner table, a mischievous grin on his face. Ishika and I exchanged puzzled glances before joining him.

"What's going on, Jay?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

My brother Jay was already there sitting silently, his eyes scanning the crowd eagerly. "Any luck yet, Jay?" I asked, trying to contain my excitement.

He winked and nodded towards a table at the corner, where a familiar figure sat, his gaze fixed on the newspaper. Ishika and I exchanged puzzled glances before following Jay's line of sight. And there he was - the mysterious guy from the annual function, sitting casually as if he owned the place.

I couldn't believe it. The one who had been staring at me all along, his name was - ROHAN. The same guy who had left me feeling both flustered and intrigued?

Ishika nudged me playfully, her eyes dancing with excitement. "Looks like you've got a secret admirer, Shriya."

Jay chimed in, his tone teasing. "Well, well, looks like my little sister has her first crush."

I rolled my eyes, trying to mask my embarrassment with a laugh. "Oh, please, Jay. It's not like that."

But Ishika wasn't about to let me off the hook that easily. "Come on, Shriya. Admit it. You've been wondering who it was all this time."

I sighed, knowing she was right. "Okay, fine. Maybe I was a little curious."

Jay grinned, enjoying every moment of our teasing. 

We spent the rest of the recess swapping stories and laughing until our sides hurt.

As we walked home with my brother Jay, I couldn't shake the feeling of excitement that bubbled up inside me. Who knew what the future held?