◇29◇ (M)

TW : mentions of blood & kills

(more revelations)

Felix gestured for Minho to follow him as he walked towards his room. Minho complied, stepping into the room and immediately noticing the numerous photos of Felix and his family adorning the walls. Memories and emotions stirred within him, making the tension between them even more palpable.

Felix's hand trembled slightly as he picked up the photo from his nightstand, his eyes glazing over with a mix of sadness and anger. It was a picture of his mother, smiling warmly, with Felix as a child beside her.

Minho's gaze softened as he watched Felix. Despite the animosity between them, he couldn't ignore the pain evident in Felix's expression. "Felix, I..."

Felix interrupted, his voice choked with emotion. "I was happy for her when she said she's seeing someone... who she trusts and might start a good relationship with."

He continued, "That's when I planned to come back to Korea during summer vacation... She was so excited to see me that day I landed here... I even video called her... Lia, my sister, wasn't there since her finals were going on in another city... Alone at home... She was happy to cook me good food... To welcome me."

Minho watched Felix sadly smiling down, taking a breath in exhaustion. "She sent her driver to pick me up from the airport that evening... It was raining heavily that time... So..." He gathered memories of that unforgettable moment.

"She wasn't replying to my texts or calls after I got off the flight... I thought maybe she was preparing a surprise for me, I guess... I was excited to see my mom again, to spend time with her after being away for so long."

He looked at Minho, his voice quivering, "The rain was misty... When I reached home, I went out to see her in such a hurry... You don't know how happy I was to be back..."

He tried to control his emotions welling up in frustration, biting his lips and looking away. "I opened the door of the house... Nobody was responding... Maybe the surprise—

His words cut off as he choked out a sob, clutching the photo frame tightly to his chest. "All I saw was blood... she was lying there lifeless... On the floor..."

He shook his head as tears streamed down his face. "I tried to call her out... Do you know... I tried, but she wouldn't wake up," he cried, breaking down in front of Minho, his body shaking with the force of his sobs. His knees buckled, and he sank to the floor, unable to contain the grief any longer.

Minho's expression softened, and he knelt beside Felix, his own emotions warring within him. "Felix... I'm so sorry," he whispered, reaching out hesitantly to place a hand on Felix's shoulder as he holded him.

Felix leaned into his shoulder clutched the photo frame even tighter, his knuckles turning white, as he stuttered out.

"I couldn't save her, Minho... I couldn't do anything," he choked out between sobs. "She was my everything, and I wasn't there when she needed me the most."