34.

Infinity🤎

in my thoughts

My mind couldn't fathom what I had just heard

My mind couldn't fathom what I had just heard. The car accident kept replaying in my mind.

Seeing my twin sister laying there, screaming in agony. The woman who hit her running out of the car.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I didn't see her." the woman louded.

"You bitch, how the fuck you even get yo license?" I screamed at her helping my sister who was crying out of pain.

"Daddy! Momma! Sym! Get over here!" I screamed.

My daddy, momma and brother came out and gasped.

"What happened?" My dad asked carrying my sister as we started running to the car.

"W-we were fighting a-and I-I accidentally made her fall on the road and then that woman hit her with her car." I struggled to say as I cried.

"I'm so sorry." I cried and my momma hugged me.

"It's okay baby. It ain't yo fault." she toldb kissing my forehead.

We started rushing to the hospital when Harmo started to whimper.

"Mama it hurts so bad." she cried out.

"I know baby, we almost there okay?" Mama answered with teary eyes.

Once we got into the emergency room, she got admitted and they started examining her.

Those minutes felt like hours until the doctor came and called us in.

"5 fractures in the spinal cord, a torn ACL and a partially collapsed lung." he spoke and Harmo just kept crying.

I shook feeling so sad and guilty.

"We tried everything we could to rehabilitate her lung but we fear it's only going to get worse from here." he said and my parents got worried.

"Implying what?" My mother asked worried.

"We have to get her a new one. So we'll put her on the donor list but if we don't get one soon, her time will be running out." the doctor told and my momma screamed before crying.

Her head buried into my fathers chest as Harmo squeezed her palm.

"Harmo, I'm so sorry." I said crying. She pulled me in for a hug and whispered.

"It's my own fault."

A year later, she passed away. Her lungs couldn't handle it no more.

"What are you talking about, Symphony?" I asked basically shaking.

He sighed. "We buried her. Because of me." I mumbled the last part.

"That was not her... we buried. Trust that there was a reason as to why we held a closed casket service instead of a open one." he told softly rubbing his neck.