one.

Jessica Williams rushed into her office with a smile on her face. Today was the day she was going to get her big assignment. She used to dream about days like this when she finally became a big-time sports reporter. One day she was doing local news and the next thing she knew she'd be on ESPN.

"Good morning!" Jessica greets as she passes her best friend and coworker, Vanessa Chambers. Vanessa spun in her desk chair as she looked at Jessica and there was a look of amusement on her face.

"Good morning," Vanessa says.

Jessica wanders over to her desk and places a warm cup of coffee before her friend, "Your usual."

"Thank you," Vanessa says as she takes the coffee, "Why are you in such a good mood? Did the new season of Bridgerton come out already?"

"I wish," Jessica mutters as she leans against Vanessa's desk, "But I got a call from Julie this morning saying that she needed to meet with me and at first, I thought 'holy shit, I'm getting fired' but then she said it was good news and now it's my time to shine."

"Meaning...?" Vanessa asks.

"I will be the covering the Indiana Pacers during the playoffs! Just me Tyrese Haliburton and the road to the Championship."

Vanessa looks at Jessica who was staring wistfully off into space, "Or she's going to assign you to Fort Wayne FC."

Jessica hangs her head, "I can't do soccer anymore, the games are too long."

Vanessa chuckles and their attention goes to Julie's office as the door opens. Jessica stands up straighter and she smooths out the skirt she was wearing as she looks over at Vanessa who gives her a look over before giving her a thumbs up.

"I'll get you courtside tickets," Jessica whispers to Vanessa. Her friend offers her a smile and Jessica smiles as she heads to Julie's office.

"Good morning, Julie," Jessica says with a smile, closing the door behind her.

"Good morning, Jessica," Julie says as she sits down at her desk. She motions toward the chair across from her, "Take a seat, please."

Jessica sits down and she tries to tame her smile, but she can't. This was the moment she had been dreaming of. The moment where she became a household name.

"So," Julie begins, "I know you've been waiting for your big break and that you want to report on basketball."

"Yes," Jessica says, her heart speeding up in her chest. Julie was about to say the words. She was about to be a sideline reporter for the Indiana Pacers. She was going to travel with them for the playoffs. She was finally going to put her sports journalism degree to its fullest use!

"Well the time has come," Julie says with a smile, "With Callie moving to the New York market, we have an opening! You are now our newest reporter for the Indiana Fever!"

Jessica's smile widens but it immediately slips away as she realizes she must have misheard her.

"I'm sorry, I think you said the Indiana Fever?"

"I did!" Julie exclaims, clearly excited about the position she's offering Jessica, "We all know Caitlin Clark is going to be selected by the Fever first in the draft and so I thought this could be your big break."

Jessica tries not to let her disappointment show, "The Fever?"

"Not the Fever, Caitlin," Julie says, "Come on she broke all those records at Iowa and in the NCAA, she's a legend. You want your break, she is it. This is a gift, Jessica, I'm giving you a gift."