nine.

Jessica was nervous. Her flight had landed in South Carolina, she'd checked into her hotel, and she'd even grabbed lunch with her parents. However, she was lowkey freaking out because what if Kate thought this was creepy? What if it was too much too soon? There were too many thoughts going through her head and those thoughts remained in her head, even as she arrived at Colonial Life Arena to watch the game.

Kate the Evil Hawkeye
Are you watching the game?

Jessica the Iowa Hater
I am! My seat is so amazing

Kate the Evil Hawkeye
Seat???
Kate the Evil Hawkeye
Are you here right now?

Jessica the Iowa Hater
Oh sorry I meant my couch

Kate the Evil Hawkeye
You suck. You got me excited for nothing

Jessica the Iowa Hater
Aw you want to see me?

Kate the Evil Hawkeye
Of course I do

Jessica the Iowa Hater
We'll see each other soon
Jessica the Iowa Hater
Now focus on your game!

Jessica pockets her phone and sits in her seat. She watches the team warm up and when she sees Kate on the court, a smile grows on her lips. Kate was joking around with her teammates and seemed to fit in perfectly.

Jessica took a picture of Kate and decided to send it to her to mess with her. She knew she probably wouldn't look at her phone until after the game. The team went back to the locker room once more before returning for the starting lineup and this time Kate's brows were furrowed as she looked around at the crowd, scanning it.

Her eyes eventually settled on Jessica, and she blinked several times before the widest smile crossed her lips. Jessica smiled back and waved at her. Kate laughed and waved back. Jessica felt giddy as she sat in her seat.

The game was amazing. The Aces were killing Puerto Rico and when Kate got in the game and hit a three pointer, Jessica was sure that she screamed perhaps a little too loudly that she earned looks from the people sitting around her.

When the game ended, Jessica was going to make her way to the lobby, when she saw Kate come over to where she was sitting and wave her down. She spoke with one of the security guards who nodded at Jessica.

Jessica came down on the court and Kate walked over to her practically beaming.

"You suck so much, you know that?" Kate asks. Jessica laughs as she shrugs.

"I wanted to surprise you," Jessica says.

"I am surprised," Kate says, still smiling widely. She looks at Jessica outfit and she lets out a laugh as she notices that Jessica is wearing Kate's jersey. Jessica looks down at the jersey and smiles.

"Oh yeah!" Jessica says, "I ordered a kids size because an adult jersey was like a hundred bucks and while you may be my favorite player, I am still mildly poor and rent in downtown Indianapolis is very expensive."

Kate doesn't say anything, her eyes dancing over Jessica's face. Jessica's smile fades a little, "Oh no did me being poor turn you off? I promise I'm not that down bad. Plane tickets and a hotel room are just very expensive-"

"Oh my god please stop talking," Kate says as she pulls Jessica in for a hug. Jessica laughs as she hugs Kate back. Kate holds her tightly as though she's going to disappear. Jessica had honestly been thinking of this moment for a long time.

"You played so good," Jessica says, "Pretty sure I busted some ear drums screaming when you hit that three."

Kate laughs and Jessica can feel her laugh against her. Kate doesn't seem to want to let go of her, and Jessica doesn't either.