thirty-four.

"J Dub! I heard the amazing news about your jersey retirement, congrats babe. I'm so glad because Michael and I got engaged and we're having an engagement party in Charlotte and I need my favorite teammate there!"

"You and Michael are engaged?" Jessica asks on the phone as she speaks to her high school best friend and former teammate, Melody, "But Melody, we're only 23-year-old teenagers. You're basically a child bride."

Caitlin, who was sitting across from Jessica, snorts as she drinks her coffee.

Melody laughs on the phone, "Michael and I have been together since freshman year of high school, I'm surprised he took this long to pop the question."

"I guess," Jessica mutters, "I'd love to come to your engagement party as long as you come to my jersey retirement."

"Deal!" Melody says enthusiastically on the phone.

Jessica looks up at Caitlin who is sitting there watching her. Jessica takes Caitlin's coffee mug from her and drinks from it. She winces at how bitter the coffee is and slides it back toward Caitlin who laughs at her expression.

"And if you want to bring a date you totally can, but fair warning, Riley will be in attendance," Melody says.

"Why do I care if Riley is in attendance?" Jessica asks.

"Because she was in love with you," Melody states matter-of-factly, "So if you don't have a date, I'd find one quickly because Riley's single and very much ready to mingle and she's gonna try to mingle with you so hard."

"Okay well I guess I'll bring a date," Jessica says into the phone. She looks at Caitlin who was watching her with a smile and Jessica decides to mess with her, "I'll have to find one first."

"Well, we know you'll have no trouble doing that, you're a babe magnet. I used to hate going out with you. Girls were so fake with me because they were trying to get to you," Melody says.

"Well, now you don't have to worry about that anymore because you don't go out because you're tied down. You're a wifey," Jessica jokes.

"When are you going to join me in wifey land?" Melody asks.

"Someday," Jessica responds, "No time soon though."

"Sure," Melody says, "Well we should meet up before the engagement party and jersey retirement. Maybe grabs drinks?"

"I'm in," Jessica says.

"Okay, I'll text you," Melody says, "Bye J-Will."

"Bye Melody."

Jessica ends the call and places the phone on the counter as she looks at Caitlin.

"You need a date?" Caitlin asks.

"I may," Jessica says, "Do you know anybody?"

Caitlin shrugs coyly as she grabs the coffee mug, "I may know someone."

Jessica smiles, "Well you'll have to put me in contact."

Caitlin smiles as she sips her coffee.

"So," Jessica says clapping her hands together, "Avery is in town and so everyone wants to go out for breakfast, are you in?"

"Hell yes, I'm starving. If we're going to stay in the old house, you need snacks," Caitlin tells her.

"Well, I didn't intend to stay in the old house, I was just showing you my childhood bedroom," Jessica says.

"I want to stay here," Caitlin says, "It's cozy."

Jessica's jaw drops as she leans against the counter, "You don't want to get in the heart-shaped hot tub?"