seven.

Jessica finds herself on the sideline of the Indiana Fever's first preseason game. It was against the Dallas Wings, in Dallas, but seeing as Jessica was covering all things Caitlin, she also found herself in Dallas for the game.

Caitlin was on the court warming up and Jessica sighed as she watched her. She was supposed to ask Caitlin questions like ten minutes ago, but Caitlin obviously wasn't considerate of her time. Having had enough, Jessica tells her team to give her a moment before walking onto the court and over to Caitlin.

"Clark!"

Caitlin looks over at Jessica, "Williams?"

"Dude," Jessica says, "I have been waiting on you for like an hour."

"That's an exaggeration," Caitlin responds.

"Oh, you're so smart you know what an exaggeration is," Jessica deadpans, "Now come here and let me ask you questions."

"Don't tell me what to do," Caitlin says but she passes the basketball to one of her teammates and follows Jessica over to the sideline. Jessica looks at the camera and her cameraman nods his head. Jessica forces a smile.

"We are courtside with first pick, Caitlin Clark as she and the Fever are about to play their first preseason match against the Dallas Wings. Caitlin, what is the plan to stop Arike Ogunbowale tonight?"

"Well Arike is an elite scorer, she can score anywhere on the floor so the goal is to stay in front of her, make her uncomfortable so she can't get the shots that she wants," Caitlin answers and Jessica nods.

"Are there any nerves going into this match?" Jessica asks.

Caitlin shakes her head, "Honestly, I've been waiting for this all my life so less nerves and more excitement."

"Well, the world has been waiting on you, Caitlin. Good luck tonight," Jessica says, and Caitlin offers her a smile.

"Thank you, Jessica."

Jessica waits a beat before the cameramen tell them they're not filming, and Jessica looks at Caitlin with a smirk on her lips.

"Wow, you're actually good at this reporter thing," Caitlin says with a smile, "I'm shocked."

Jessica fakes a smile, "And tonight we'll find out if you're actually good at basketball or if you're overrated."

Caitlin chuckles, "I'll see you after the game."

She winks at Jessica before turning and heading back to the court and Jessica rolls her eyes as she walks over to her camera crew. Jessica gets to sit behind the Fever bench with her press badge.

Caitlin is on the court when they line up to do jump ball and Jessica watches, intrigued to see that they're not starting Caitlin at point guard, which was the position she ran at Iowa. Even though she's not a fan of Caitlin and the game has just started, she already feels weird watching Caitlin play outside her position.

Indiana's second time down the court the ball goes out of bounds. They inbound it to Caitlin behind the three-point line who does not hesitate to shoot it and the ball sinks through the net perfectly. The crowd around her cheers and Jessica shrugs her shoulders and she claps begrudgingly.

On defense, Caitlin gets beat off the dribble as the person she was guarding dribbles right past her and drove to the basket before getting fouled. Jessica feels a little validated watching the play happen. It was just like she said, Caitlin was an efficient scorer, but her defense could use some work.

As the game goes on, Jessica admires one thing about Caitlin and it's her confidence. Even if she was on a bigger stage with more experienced players guarding her, she didn't shy away from taking big shots.