eight.

Jessica was getting her makeup touched up before she went on air. Vanessa, who had already finished her work for the day was lingering around to watch her friend work. When they finished applying blush, Vanessa came over to her with a smile.

"So what's this scathing review?" Vanessa asks.

"No scathing review," Jessica says with a sigh, "Caitlin didn't play horribly."

"I bet you hate that," Vanessa says.

Jessica shrugs, "It is what it is."

"Jessica we're ready."

Vanessa gives her a thumbs up and Jessica returns the gesture as she straightens her posture and gets ready to go live. They give her a count down and Jessica smiles at the camera.

"Good evening, everyone. I'm Jessica Williams, here to give you updates on all things Indiana basketball. Our Pacers closed out the first round of the playoffs by beating the Milwaukee Bucks and will be moving to the second round to face the New York Knicks."

"Last night our Indiana Fever had their first preseason matchup against the Dallas Wings. Caitlin Clark made her first appearance in the WNBA and gave us a taste of what's to come in the regular season. Clark finished the game with 21 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. NaLyssa Smith finished with 20 points and 5 rebounds. Erica Wheeler and Aliyah Boston added 16 and 8 points respectively. With the addition of Clark, the future looks bright for our Indiana Fever."

"The Fever's next preseason match up will be here at Gainbridge Fieldhouse against the Atlanta Dream. I'll be there supporting our Fever and I hope you'll be there too."

"And we're off air."

Jessica gives the cameramen thumbs up and spins in her chair.

"Hey Jess," Brian, one of the cameramen says, "The crew was going out for drinks tonight. You in?"

"Uh raincheck?" Jessica asks, "I'm jetlagged as hell."

Brian laughs, "Alright. Oh hey, my little sister is a huge fan of Caitlin and she saw the video of you guys playing Horse and she told me how cool it would be if you guys came to her school for field day. And so I was thinking what if you guys went to her school for field day?"

Jessica is actually intrigued by the idea. Their video had gotten over 500,000 likes and was gaining more each day. It was a huge success, but she didn't know what she and Caitlin could follow it up with, but this idea was perfect.

"Brian, that's a great idea," Jessica says, "When is your sister's field day?"

"In a week."

"Perfect!" Jessica says, "Okay text me the name of your sister's school. I'll reach out to Caitlin, and we'll make something happen."

"Alright, thanks!" Brian says with a smile.

•••

Jessica was trying to draft a plan for the next video to show to Julie when she received a text message. She looked at her screen and saw that Caitlin had texted her.

Caitlin.
What are you
doing right now?

Jessica
Working

Caitlin.
We should get lunch

Jessica
Did you not read the
previous text? I am WORKING.
Jessica
How are you even able to go to
lunch? Aren't you practicing?

Caitlin.
I have this thing
called a lunch break

Jessica
Whatever