forty-one.

Training camp was usually the most stressful time in a young female basketball player's life. She's fighting to make one of the twelve spots on the team and competing against other equally good people and veterans with years of experience.

Jessica however was having the time of her life. Jessica had been playing with the second team and after she'd managed to run three successful pick and rolls with Megan Gustafson and assisted on a Kate three and hit a three herself, Becky decided to see what type of damage Jessica could do with the starters.

Chelsea Gray and Jessica swapped teams and Jessica was running the point for the starters. Jessica runs a pick-and-roll play with A'ja and rather than pass the ball to A'ja rolling toward the basket and about to get double-teamed, she passes it to Jackie who was slightly open in the corner and knocks down the three.

"Her court vision is amazing," Becky says to the coaching staff, "She can predict the movements of the defense because that double team wasn't obvious, but she knew that Jackie would get the shot off before the player could recover."

Kate was guarding Jessica and the play set had Kelsey running a screen and popping out to shoot a three. Jessica goes off the screen and Kate switches over to Kelsey, but Chelsea isn't able to get to Jessica in time as she shot a three herself and made it. Kelsey nodded proudly as she came over and gave Jessica a high five.

"She's extremely good at adjusting to the defense. She's not afraid to go off script with the play," Becky says nodding her head approvingly, "I like her a lot. She's playing well with Jackie, A'ja, and Kelsey, I really like it."

"Are you going to start her?"

"I think if we go with a shorter line up. Start Jessica at the three but have her run point. I think she can guard the three spot. Or we can move Chelsea to the three. Let's see how Jessica plays off the ball."

"Hey Chelsea, I want you back with the starters," Becky says, "We'll move Alysha to the second team. Jess, I want to see you playing off the ball."

Everyone makes the adjustments and Chelsea runs the point with Jackie at the four and A'ja at the five. It was a smaller lineup, but it was also a quicker one. Chelsea brought the ball down the court and passed it to Kelsey. Jessica ran off a screen set by Jackie before coming to the three-point line in the corner. Kelsey passes her the ball and Jessica drives baseline and everyone collapses on her. She makes a no-look pass to A'ja cutting to the basket who finishes a layup.

Becky nods her head approvingly, "Yeah, I'm starting her."

During the water break, Jessica sits down beside Jackie who reaches out and places a hand on her leg. Jessica looks at Jackie curiously following the action.

"You're shaking," Jackie says.

"Sorry," Jessica apologizes, "It's just I know they're talking about me."

Jackie looks over at Becky and the rest of the coaching staff. She watches them for a minute and then looks back at Jessica, "They're trying to figure out if they can work with a smaller lineup. They would have you at the three, me at the four, and A'ja at the five."

"That's a small lineup," Jessica mutters, before she realizes that the lineup is the starters plus Jessica, "Wait they want to start me?"

"Seems like it," Jackie says in an entirely calm manner.

Jessica blinks rapidly and grabs Jackie's hand, forcing eye contact between them "Are you serious? Like can you actually read lips?"

"You know I can read lips," Jackie states.

"I do know that," Jessica responds nodding her head slowly, "Quite a talent."

Jackie's brows furrow, "Don't be weird."