Arguments in Public Places

Thomas walked towards Theseus, it seemed as if his friend had been emitting an aura of excitement that affected everyone around him. Thomas wasn't fooled by that act. He knew him, like the back of his hand. All their days in the army as they lead their legion side by side had given him the ability to read like an open book. He knew that his favorite extinct animal was the unicorn and that he still had trouble accepting the guilt that came with the loss of their friends.

But this had been completely out of character. He grabbed him from the collar and threw him into an empty interrogation room before bolting the lock behind him.

"I want to say thank you for the warm welcome."

"Cut the bullshit, Theseus. You start talking now because I think you lost your mind."

"I don't think I lost my mind. I fell in love."

"What about Cass?"

"What about her?"

"Theseus, I swear to God be truthfully or else I don't even know what I will do."

"What do you want me to say? That I love her to the point that it physically pains."

"Yes. Then why the hell are you engaged?"

"I told you I fell in love. Leta is amazing and I can see a future with her. As much as I love Cass, it's over. Because I can't stay in a corner pining for her forever. She is too focused in her life, in her mysteries. I could never come between that. I love her, I do. But I can not be with someone that loves to stay in their brain forevermore more than she loves spending time with me. Leta loves me. For who I am. And she is always present, not lost in her mind. The reason I am marrying her is because I love her for that. I do, Thomas and if you can't accept that then this is your fault."

"You truly love her?"

"Yes"

"God you are a bastard."

"I know. She is lovely you will see."

"Of course she is. She has to be amazing for you to fall in love with her. But... Cass... she was your everything, it ..."

"She still is. But I think with time, that Leta would be better for me in the long run. Forgive me?"

"Do not ask for my forgiveness. Seek hers."