Love Confessions

He was trailing his fingers up and down her bare arms. He had seen the same picture before. Her sleeping next to him. Her head had been buried in the pillow, her hair a nest and soft snores were falling from her half opened lips. Only this time she was dressed in his pale blue shirt. He smiled fondly at her sleeping form and drew her hair away from her face before placing butterfly light kisses in her face. Her nose scrunched up slightly and she grumbled as she grabbed hold of the sheets and turned her back at him. Shuffling around to get more comfortable.

Last night she had came out of nowhere and kissed him, stunning him in his place. He hadn't been able to function properly for a whole minute before he returned the kiss and finally opened up his heart to her. Their forehead were touching and they were gazing at each other with vulnerable love. That was what gave him the final push.

"You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you? Billions of people will come and go in this world, but there will never be another like you. During the day I miss your laughter and your wit and your smiles and the sharpness of your mind. In the evenings I think more of your kisses, sighs, and understanding ways. Then some nights I lie awake consumed with thoughts of the day I can love you in every way. On nights like this, my hunger for you overwhelms me. I can dwell for hours on the taste of your mouth and the scent of your hair and the touch of your skin. I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours."

"Oh Theseus. Why most you become poetic now. You know I can't speak like that."

"I don't want you to. You know they say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true. What don't they say is that a deep part of you awakens and urges you to become better just for them."

"Theseus I love you too. So much. With the whole world crumbling, why on earth did we pick this time to fall in love."

"We didn’t pick this time my love. It has been happening for quite some while. At least on my part."

"I have been in love with you for quite some time too. What are we going to do?"

"Are you leaving again?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow around lunch time. I don't know how long it will take to see each other again. So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this didtance every day and not let it separate us, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. That is if you want so too."

'There is nothing else I would rather do."

"At least we have tonight."

"Yeah. So let's make most of it. Lets go to bed."

"Ummm"

"Not like that you dirty minded thing. Honestly we won't do anything until you feel ready."

She grabbed his bicep with one arm and his hand with the other practically falling on him as they walked in silence and walked back to the village. Everything was strangely quiet, but the atmosphere was calm. She felt safe and she didn't feel the need to think or do anything for that matter. Her mind drifted left and right not paying attention to anything as they walked back, trusting him completely.

They was how they ended up in his bed. Cuddling and kissing every now and then as they talked about everything and nothing at the same time. He didn't know how she had ended up leaving with with no blanket as she stole it in her sleep. But it didn't matter to him. It wasn't particularly cold that night.

He drew her back in his arms as she stirred from her sleep and he kissed the crown of her head as she slowly blinked up at him.

"What time is it?" She asked as she buried her head in his chest stealing his warmth.

"I would say somewhere around twelve."

"I have to leave." She whined and her actions betrayed otherwise as her arms tightened around him. She didn't want to leave. And to be frank he didn't want her to leave either. If he had it his way they would have stayed like that forever. They basked in each other's company for a few short minutes before they finally got up. As they changed she gave him his shirt, it was wrinkled but he couldn't care less as her scent engulfed him, he was never taking it of.

Just before they reached the lower floor, he grabbed her hand and kissed her with all the power he possessed. This was it he had to say goodbye. When they broke the kiss he rubbed his nose against hers before they parted. She walked towards Graham who was sporting a proud smirk in his face and she whispered "If you don't shut up I will kill you. Go outside, I will join you shortly."

"I didn't say anything."

Minerva was next as she approached her friend and hugged the life out of her and walking but at Thomas to cry in his chest. Thomas on the other had tried to put on a brave face and was terribly failing as a few tears slipped out. He kissed her cheek and whispered something that Theseus couldn't hear but made her smile fondly as they hugged each other.

She turned her back at them and opened the door heading towards Graham who was waiting for her. Only turning once to look at them and shooting them a sad smile before she disappeared. And as simply as that she was gone.