A Deal with the Devil

People started moving towards the fire. Many burned, as the flames consumed them, she realized that they weren't loyal to him, that was why they perished. They were simply scared and they were hoping that he would grant them the gift of protection and safety. How wrong they were. Others passed the flames unscathed, she didn't know what to think of them. Most of the crowded auditorium apparted away. Good, as they should. They weren't soldiers, they were pawns in the powerful's hands. Little people stand to fight. The wind was blowing hard and she had trouble with visibility. She could make out Theseus' form next to Newt as a slim woman headed to the flames. Was it Leta? She couldn't tell. Next thing she knew Grindelwald turned to her as Newt tried to hold back Theseus. Trying to get him to flee.

They had to leave. Now. You didn't have to win all the battles to win the war. She had learned that lesson the hard way and she was never going to forget it.

"I was looking for you."

"Funny. I was running away from you."

"You are witty. I like that. That is why you have Rowena's favor."

"I don't see what her favor has to do with this."

"No?" Grindelwald say as he smiled like chacire cat. "Come with me. We have an army. We don't have to go to war. I will let them live. You will be my greatest asset."

"Asset? I don't want to be your asset. I am a muggleborn, or did you forget that I fought in the war you so proudly showed. And I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to. I am an Auror I don't want to be in the wrong part of history where you have turned the world into nothing more than a kingdom of ash, bones and blood."

"You better think again, dear Helena. As you said you do not want a kingdom of ash, bone and blood. This fire can not be contained. Come with me. Chase your destiny."

"I will make my own destiny."

"Really? Not even for him?" He pointed towards Theseus who was firing one spell after the other, doing everything in his power to contain it. Tears streamed down his face as he yelled her name over and over. He had to get out. Did he not understand? He had to get to safety. She slipped into Newt's mind and he commanded him to grab hold of his brother and appart outside. In the blink of an eye they were gone and Grindelwald chuckled at the glimpse of her power. "Yes. Yes that's what I am talking about. With you my dear we will be the rulers of the world."

"Turn it off and I will join you. Please do not kill innocent people."

"My fire is not killing innocents. It is killing those against me. You are smart girl. You will figure it out. After that you will find me here." He dropped the location in her head before he apparted leaving her to deal with his mess. Men...

She opened up her stance, trying to form a more stabilized base for her body. She drew in a calming breath before opening her eyes and placing her hands, palms open pointing to the ground, in a parallel with the  ground. Her eyes glowed in a stormy grey colour. She turned her left hand horizontically and moved both of them to the height of her shoulders before she dropped them to her stomach and open her hands at her sides. It was a move she had practiced a lot in the past few days. And her most successfully charm until now. She had been lucky in that. The fire calmed down bit by bit and she almost fell to her knees. She was drained, not one piece of her energy was left in her as her spell battled Grindelwald's one.

He was painfully obviously more skilled than her. If only she had more time in her hands it would have been a better match.
Her labored breathing echoed in the room as yells of astonishment reach her ears. Good God what had she done? Somewhere in the distance someone was screaming her name. While pounding their fists to the stone walls. She apparted to outside to the beautiful gardens she previously saw and she rushed to the place she had pinpointed the source of such anguish.

The sight in front of her brought tears to her eyes. Theseus was hitting the walls with such force that his hands had bled and he yelled her name. At some point he fell to his knees while clutching his head. Gut wrenching sobs escaped him as he muttered over and over, like a broken mantra 'please please I can't lose her too, please don't take her away from me.' No one dared to approach him.

"Theseus, I am here. I am alright." She whispered as she neared him and she knelt besides him. He flinched as she lightly placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I am already losing my mind." He said as he rocked back and forth and she grabbed his face, turning him to look at her. He sniffed before he pinched his arm, he had to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. He immediately threw himself at her, drawing her into his arms as he cried in her shoulder. "I thought I lost you too. Leta she's ... she's..."

"Shush. Everything is alright. Everything will be okay." She said as she combed her hands in his curls, just the way she used to do back then, she knew exactly what to do to calm him down.

"I don't think I could ever live without you. We called it off. The engagement. A few hours ago. ... because ... because of you. Because I still love you."

She blinked rapidly her tears back. He had finally said it. And he meant it with his heart. "I still love you too. I'm sorry. One day I hope you will understand."

At that he finally let go of her and sat back in his heels to get a good look at her face. "Understand what? What did you do?"

"I'm sorry. Truly." She whispered at him. She pressed a feather light kiss in his lips and in the blink of an eye she was gone.

The snow greeted her first. She trembled from the cold that seeped into her bones. A white haired man stood opposite of her and he smirked at her appearance, before he got up from his seat. She was in the wolf's den. What they didn't know yet was that she was about to own their small bitches asses for what they did to her. She promised revenge to every single one of them.