Lost Family Members

The days seemed to pass her by so fast and so slow at the same time. Theseus' touch and kisses were a welcoming ghosting presence on her. They kept her grounded. They reminded her why she was fighting a war once again. To keep those she loves safe. Graham hadn't stopped teasing her and trying to claim the praises for her new existing relationship. Obviously all of that happened in the safety of their room which resulted to him getting smacked in the head by multiple pillows.

Grindelwald was keeping her at a safe distance at all times. He didn't talk to her as much. She didn't know what to expect. Her arms were tingling from her anxiety and her ears were ringing. It was like a warning. She read over and over Graham unreadable scribbles in his notebooks, his diaries, communicating as much as possible for any attack but coming up short. She tried to gain access to the lesser ranking wizards, the ones that might not know enough about Grindelwald's plans, but she could gain minimal information as if they were pieces of a puzzle slowly forming a bigger picture. Betraying his plan.

Her mind seemed to work in overload these days and yet she could not stop the happiness that clouded her feelings. And it showed, there was a spring in her step, a way over the top smile or simply her at ease. People were questioning her strange behaviour but the only answer they got was about Graham and their match that was apparently made in heaven. They were so in love.

It was utter bullshit. But it worked because apparently love conquered all. She was lucky Graham was a great man that made her laugh and had her back constantly. He was also strangely optimistic and maybe that was a reason for the change in her demeanor. All she could think about was that this soon would be over. She would work back in the Ministry, hopefully.  She would move back in the comfort of her house, with Dahlia. She would catch up with Minerva and Thomas and they finally would get married. Maybe try to make her an aunt. Everything was going to be fine. Everything was going to be all right.

She couldn't have been more wrong. She should be an oracle, always predicting the wrong outcomes, she would make good money.

About a week had passed when a burning phoenix flew over their hide out. It wasn't in  a good state, but it was still alive and flying which promised hope. She had long learned that phoenixs were a symbol of rebirth and sometimes hope. A burning phoenix promised terrible death. There was only one family associated closely with the phoenix bird. The Dumbledores. Was everything alright with Albus? Was it a message? Or simply a coincidence?

The first time she foolishly decided to ignore it. But about five days later with no news from Albus, when it appeared again she followed it. Curiosity was going to be the death of her, her mother always claimed, and maybe she right. She had reached an unfamiliar part of the manor. It was almost like dungeons and a sobbing voice rang in her ears. A boy no more than twenty was standing in front of a mirror, begging the bird to leave him alone. His shaggy oily dark hair was coating his paper white skin as he fogged up a mirror in front of him. Credence was sending a message, to whom? His handwriting was familiar she had seen it before. But where? The message vanished in a matter of seconds before another one appeared. She knew that wording, the scribble. She had seen it recently somewhere. Her hands reached in her pockets and drew out several messages only for her eyes to see.

Be at the inn at 20.00- Aberforth

Why would Albus' brother communicate with Credence? Was he a spy? No, he couldn't be. He naively trusted Grindelwald at a terrifying extent. The phoenix didn't seem to leave him alone, why? Was he dying?

The realization hit her like a brick wall. He was a Dumbledore. That was why the bird visited him and looked sorrowful and mournful. Why a Dumbledore  communicated with him? His words were calming and tender as if he was speaking to a small child? Maybe even his child? She gasped at the thought and Credence turned towards the door, catching only a glimpse of the tail of her dark blue coat as she fled the scene. Running through seemingly endless corridors, closing in her quarters. She needed to inform Albus. The things that were at stake doubled with that fact, because finally his presence in Grindelwald's ranks made sense. He was using him to get to Albus, maybe even kill him. She sent one fire message after the other claiming to need to talk to him immediately. But not one response came back to her. Not until the clock reached 05:28 in the morning.

Portkey at the top of the mountain, wear a disguise. -D.

No further explanation or information greeted her. No time for the meeting. No anything. God why did he have to be so cryptic?