Chapter -35

Taehyung: "What happened, babe? Come on, let's go see our mama," he said, leaving Jungkook in complete shock.

"Mama? What is he talking about? His mother... but Jimin hyung said she ran away with another man," Jungkook thought, walking alongside Taehyung, who was smiling and chatting with his aunt.

As Jungkook looked around the house, he noticed numerous photos framed on the walls. It seemed like a wealthy and large family, well-settled, with everyone wearing a lot of jewelry. He stopped when he saw a familiar face in one of the recent family pictures. He read the names; everyone’s name started with Kim. He was trying to connect the dots but still couldn't understand.

"Is that Lee who works as a driver in our mansion?" he thought, looking at the picture of Lee, Taehyung, and some other people he didn't recognize.

They stopped at a particular room. Taehyung opened the door, and Jungkook, confused, saw tears welling up in Taehyung’s eyes. He looked into the room and saw a lady lying motionless on the bed.

Taehyung approached his mother with teary eyes. He was trying to control himself, but tears flowed down his cheeks. Jungkook and Taehyung's aunt stood watching him.

Taehyung: "Mama, can you hear me? It's your Taehyungie," he said, kneeling down and holding her hand. But there was no response. He kissed her hand and cried loudly, causing tears to flow from Jungkook’s eyes as well. Taehyung's aunt also cried seeing him.

Jungkook: "What happened to her?" he asked Taehyung's aunt, who was standing beside him.

Aunt: "She fell from the terrace and went into a coma. She's been lying like this for years," she said, sobbing. Jungkook wiped his eyes and looked at Taehyung, who was calling him over. He slowly walked towards them.

Taehyung: "Mama, see? This is Jungkook, the one your son loves. Look at us, Mama. Don’t we look good together?" he said, sobbing. Jungkook's tears flowed, and this was the first time he had seen Taehyung so emotional.

Taehyung's aunt wiped her eyes and went over to him, patting his shoulder and handing a bowl to Jungkook, who looked at it with teary eyes

Aunt: "Jungkook, feed her water with your hands," she said. Jungkook nodded and followed her instructions.

Taehyung's aunt opened the feeding tube, and Jungkook’s hands shook as he saw the numerous wires and tubes. He realized how hard it must be for a child to see their mother like this. Slowly, he fed her water, and Taehyung smiled through his tears, watching them. Overwhelmed, Jungkook couldn't hold back anymore. He quickly placed the bowl on the table, rushed out of the room, covering his mouth, and cried......

Jungkook controlled his cries and, seeing his phone ringing, he answered the call. The person on the other end was speaking in excitement.

Jimin: "Jungkooook, I am walking on my own without anyone's help! I didn't feel any pain in my knees!!!" he yelled loudly when the younger answered the call. Jungkook wiped his eyes and smiled hearing him.