Chapter 69: A Painful Goodbye

A few days later...

After finding out that the mayor was involved in illegal wildlife trade, owning an illegal mining company at the Southwest Haiban Mountains, and he was also giving protection to the group that Mr. Davidson was involved in. Mr. Davidson on the other hand was sentenced for thirty-three years imprisonment for three counts of illegal human trafficking, two counts of extortion, and more violations. Mayor Johansson was convicted and was sentenced to lifetime imprisonment after the further investigation conducted by the authorities.

Bulls, Rocky, and Grace are on their way to recovery after the incident. Bulls and Rocky took many serious injuries especially Rocky's gunshot wound, luckily, no internal organs and bones were injured by the bullet. Bulls and Rocky did great on protecting Grace, she took no serious injuries other than the scratches she took from her run and the mayor's torture.

Their parents were obviously worried, a lot, but Peter, Bulls' father talked to them and assured them that their children are safe as long as the children are playing only at his yards.

***

Five days after the incident, Bulls and his friends decided to walk through the forest.

"So, how's your wounds?" Grace asked them.

"Still aching, but this is normal during recovery phase of wounds." Bulls said.

"I almost feel like nothing happened. Remember I'm Rocky the Great."

"Really?" Bulls asked, tapping his arm with arm brace.

"Ow! That hurts!"

"How's that? Rocky the Great?"

They laughed loudly from the bottom of their lungs.

"Thank you, guys..." Grace hugged them tightly, almost suffocating them. "Thank you for everything."

"G-Grace... I can't breathe." Bulls said, tapping her friend's arm.

"I'm sorry, just got carried away."

"You know, there is a beautiful cliffside view at the end of this path. Wanna see it?" Rocky offered.

"Sure!" Grace exclaimed.

"I'm in, but you go first, I just got to go get something. I will be quick." Bulls said.

"Go ahead and be quick!" Rocky exclaimed.

"Faster, Fluffhead, we'll wait for you." Grace said, smiling beautifully at Bulls.

"I will."

Bulls walked back from the path they walked by, tapping his pockets, and looked for something. "The bracelet... where is it!"

"I hope she'll like it." Bulls ran back to forest from where they were walking. "I will make sure to give it to her amd make her birthday more special."

He searched for a few minutes and not long after, he found the bracelet, lying on the stony path.

"Yes, now I gotta-"

However, while he was walking back to the forest, a loud scream echoed from the distance.

AAAAHHHHH!

Bulls quickly dashed towards the direction of the voice, ignoring the injuries he had.

"Grace...!"

Bulls went down the path and into the bushes, and after he reached an open clearing, he found Rocky frantically pacing at the ground.

"What happened?! Where's Grace?!"

"She... she... she fell down."

"What?!" Bulls ran towards the edge of the hole. The sinkhole was dark and a normal person cannot see anything under it.