Chapter 77: The Man in Black

A week later...

The surrounding environment changed, as they progress from one country, to the other. From the barren, dust-covered mesa to arid savannas and thin forests. The wildlife were also different from the ones they have seen in Mergaia, as well as the different types of plants. There's no doubt that they have already reached the country from where they planned on going, the Land of Ribora.

"How much longer must I endure? Aren't we there yet?" Cressida asked, boredly tailing them.

"Not yet." Bulls replied, walking right in front of him. "If I were you, I would walk a little bit faster."

"And why would I?"

"Cause you're already sinking up to your knees." Bulls replied, peeked behind to check on her.

"Ughhh, this is disgusting." Cressida shakes her legs, trying to pull them out.

"Why don't you just float and hover like Guardian?" Bulls annoyingly asked.

"Because I already did and now I'm too exhausted so I waded into this mess! It was a bad decision of mine, okay!" She furiously exclaimed. "Why can't my leg just- Woah!"

Bulls pulled her out of the mud and lifted her on his back, "Make a complaint and I'll drop you."

Cressida's body stiffened, she can't complain or even speak, she was there clinging on Bulls' back like a baby.

"You're so-"

"Don't you dare say it." Cressida shouted.

"... annoying."

"Don't ever mention my weight ever again!"

"You're the one who spilled it out." Bulls smirked.

"I hate you!" Cressida exclaimed, pulling Bulls' hair side to side.

Bulls laughed hardly, almost losing his balance.

"Mr. Bulls!" James called him out. "Solid ground!"

"Go, we'll walk above that." Bulls replied. "Guardian, are we still on the right path?"

"Definitely, sir!"

"Good."

After they left the swampland, a new environment welcomed them, an arid savanna. Jagged and uneven, the terrain presents challenge to the adventurers and travelers who would try to pass through the land. Tall, protruding land forms teeming with plant life above their peaks were scattered all around the land. Spiky plants thrived in the area, lesser known creatures also inhabit the biome. No human would choose to live in this arid region.

As they venture through the vegetations, Guardian remembered the mysterious man whom they had encountered in Rum.

"Sir, forgive me for not telling this to you sooner but I have something important to tell you." Guardian frowned as it apologized.

"What is it, Guardian? Don't worry, I'll calmly listen."

"There was this mysterious man that we encountered in the Town of Rum, he said that he knew that we were the ones who attacked the mines back in Franzia." Guardian said.

Thor overheard their conversation and asked, "The man in all black."

"You knew about this, Thor?" Bulls asked.

"I do, the people almost battered the both of us-"

Guardian coughed, gesturing Thor.

"No, I mean madness almost took hold of me if not because of the man in all black." Thor said.