Chapter 67: Don't Touch Her!

The three of them ran out of the mayor's property and went into their hideout, at the Armstrongs' barn.

"Now, what should we do?" Grace asked. "The mayor's now after us."

"I need to extract the recording from this broken pen into the computer and into this tiny USB drive." Bulls said while typing at the computer rapidly.

"Guys, I will call for help." Rocky said and ran out of the barn.

Bulls plugged a cable at the pen and into the computer. He then typed for a few more minutes and tapped enter.

"It's working! The recording is being extracted!"

"What recording?" Grace asked.

"We recorded the mayor talking about an illegal deal with Mr. Davidson."

"Mr. Davidson? The kind old man?" She asked.

"No, he's not a kind man. Everything was just an act to get the people's trust." Bulls explained.

"Ah, I see."

Bulls then plugged the USB drive at the computer and began the transfer of the file into it.

"It's almost done." Bulls said. "Seventy-one percent."

Bulls sighed and looked at his friend. He saw Grace nervously breathing, trembling in fear.

"Hey, Grace." He went near her and held on her hands. "Grace, look at me. Look at me in the eye."

"Bulls... I'm scared." Grace's tears flowed out of her sparling eyes.

"Grace..." Bulls wiped her tears and hugged her tightly, comforting her with her words. "... listen, Everything is gonna be all right."

"But what if they find us, take us, you..." Grace rested her head on Bulls warm shoulder. "... I can't–"

"No, Fluffhead won't let them hurt any of us, especially you, 'cause..."

Grace broke the embrace and looked at Bulls, "Why? Because?"

"Uhmm, bec–" Bulls pointed at the computer. "Oh! The upload's almost done!"

"Bulls, you gotta– hmmpphhh!"

"Grace?" Bulls turned around and saw a big man, holding her and putting a cloth on her mouth and over her head. "Grace!"

The transfer finished and Bulls pulled the USB out of the computer and ran towards the basket of tools and picked his baseball bat, and charged towards the man.

"Put your dirty hands away from her!" Bulls swung his bat at the man's leg with all his strength.

"Argghhh!" The man fell on his knee. "That hurts, kiddo!"

"Let her go!"

However, before he could swing it again, another man grabbed him up and tied him up.

"Not so fast, kid!" The other man chuckled. "Does it hurt?"

"Of course it does! That's a baseball bat!"

"Stop complaining and let's take them back to boss."

"Yeah, right."

They were taken away by those men without anyone knowing it.

...

A few minutes later, Rocky came back, along with Mr. Sanchez, the merchant.

"Bulls! Grace! We're... here." Rocky worried called for them. He looked around but no one was there.

"Where are they? Chris, if you're pranking me, I will–" Mr. Sanchez paused. "What's that?"