Chapter 80: The Fortress Country

"Run! Faster!" Blackfoot exclaimed.

"No, we gotta fly!" Bulls took a pause and looked at everyone. "Guardian, carry James and Hiro. Cressida, take Blackfoot with you."

"How about you?" Cressida worriedly asked.

"I'll run."

"But-"

"Please, Cressida this is not the best time to argue, James and Hiro are dying!" Bulls slapped his face.

"Okay. I'm sorry." Cressida frowned.

"Let's go!"

...

"But why not?! My friends are dying and you can't help us!?" Bulls frustratedly exclaimed. "That's inhumane!"

"You are outsiders, we cannot allow you to get inside the walls." A huge, well-armored man spoke smashing his huge spear.

"It's me, Blackfoot! I have an authorization from the President herself!" Blackfoot tried to pass through. "Let us in!"

"You cannot." The other guards at the gate blocked him.

"But our friends are in great need of medical attention! They're bleeding to death!" Bulls pulled the man's armor down and spoke. "Guardian, Cannonball Protocol. We'll bash our way in if you won't let us!"

Guardian opened his reactor core and charged it while aiming at the wall.

"If violence is what you're looking for, we can give it to you."

Huge cannons sprung out of the top of the wall and aimed down at them.

"If you would not make your leave, we will exterminate all you."

"How unjust!" Cressida protested. "I want to talk to your President, I am an authority myself! Empress of Gravatoria, you tell that to her!"

The man pulled Bulls' hands out of his armor and whispered on the other guard-like man behind him. The other guard nodded and went inside the gate.

"You stay, Empress. But the rest, you may now leave."

"No!" All of them exclaimed.

"They're my friends, I won't leave them behind!"

"You want this, huh?!" Bulls' fist charged up and began walking forward. "Hakyushu-"

"Stop!" Something huge landed from the sky and crashed behind them. "Thor Odinson, Prince of Asgard, God of Thunder. Allow my friends to enter or you will feel my wrath."

The guard stepped back and ordered the other guards to make way.

Bulls gestured Guardian to stand down. "Now, take us to the nearest hospital!"

At Ribora Medical Hospital...

TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP! TAP!

Cressida pressed on Bulls' knee, stopping his foot's tapping, "Calm down, everything will be all right."

"But the doctors. I know the operation would take hours but they aren't yet coming back to give us some updates and that makes me feel nervous."

"Bulls, look at me." Cressida turned Bulls' head to face her. "Everything will be all right. Don't overthink." She took Bulls' hand and held on it tightly.

"Why does it feel like your hands are kinda familiar?" Bulls asked.

"You felt that too?" Cressida smiled, I don't know, maybe the comfort is the one that makes it familiar."