Chapter 78: Unsettling Claws of the Past

"Thank you." The man's tone changed from weakened to gnarly. "Human's are so easy to fool!"

"What do you mean?" Thor turned to face him but before he could do anything, the man changed form.

The man's body shrank a third of its size and the color turned reddish black. Fangs and claws grew sharply and his pupils turned reddish gold. It pounced on Thor, so fast like a lion hunting its prey.

"You're no human." Thor cannot dodge him, he was too agile.

"I am not!"

"Demon!"

The demon pinned Thor down the ground, crying to bite his face off.

"Your malevolence disgusts me!" Thor punched the demon in the face but it won't budge. "You are wrong, demon."

Thor grabbed the demon's neck and raised him up.

"Zap."

A lightning struck his hand, electrocuting it.

"I am no human. I am a god."

...

"A demon?" Bulls' breathing patterns began to change, he is having a panic attack.

"That is why I ran away with it." The man stood straight up. "Calm down, I'm no longer escaping."

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" Bulls breathed deeply and lmed himself down.

"I am–"

"Hands up, coward!" Guardian landed behind the man, aiming his pulse generators on him.

"Woah, woah!" The man raised his arms up in the air.

"Easy, Guardian, easy." Bulls gestured Guardian that it is fine and to lower his weapons down. "Put it down, we'll talk to him."

"Okay, sir."

"Again, I am Agent Blackfoot. I work for the Ingrasian Intelligence Agency. That's only the information that I can share with you." Blackfoot introduced himself, showing his badge to them.

"Why are you here?"

"I was following you."

"Us? Why?" Bulls asked.

"Because you are the ones who destroyed one of Don Paquito's mines."

"Who is Don Paquito?" Guardian asked.

"He's the boss of those who managed the illegal activities of the mines." Bulls said.

"Exactly."

"So what's our connection to Don Paquito?" Bulls he walked closer to the man.

"I need your help." Blackfoot sighed. "I am out of resources and I cannot move forward all by my self."

"I'm sorry but we cannot help you." Bulls replied. "We have to reach Ribora ASAP. We are in great haste, many people need our help."

"But–"

"Would you mind explaining this?" Thor spoke from behind them and threw the demon, bound with his lightning whip.

"The demons are coming back." Blackfoot crouched down and watched the demon. "They're scouting the lands one by one and undetected."

"Why? What would they come back for?" Bulls asked.

"Revenge and the possession of the whole surface world. And an intel from my partner states that Don Paquito is working with them."

"Oh no. We cannot allow that to happen."