HOME SWEET HOME

It's already nine in the evening and I finished work about a couple of hours ago.

The day was a succession of ups and downs. Amused looks from Grace and dark looks from me, thinking back to that idiot. I feel completely exhausted. I don't even feel like having dinner. If I continue like this,l I'll end up straight in psychiatry. This whole story has managed to touch me deeply and I can't find a reason why.

I enter the house, throw my shoulder bag on the floor and finally I can breathe a sigh of relief, forgetting everything.
My small living room, lit only by the neon lamp placed next to the black leather sofa, creates a soft and very comfortable environment. I love this little apartment, it makes me feel protected. If I could stay here 24 hours a day every day, I would gladly stay away from that hell and above all, away from him!

Everything is very simple. The living room is connected to a small but practical kitchen, it has no corridors but only a large window, placed exactly above the sofa.

After this whole intense and tiring day, even more tiring on an emotional level, I decide to take a night to myself.
I head towards the kitchen. I really want a nice glass of red wine, slightly more alcoholic than necessary, perhaps. I find nothing but a bottle of Barolo and pour myself some.

Now, in the peace of mind, I feel strangely absorbed and drink that miserable glass. I pour myself some more and lie down on the sofa, undecided whether to turn on the plasma TV in front or fiddle with the laptop, until I feel sleepy. Meanwhile, it's in front of me, open and with a dark screen, on a black glass table. The laptop convinces me, calling my attention, I start it.

But, lo and behold, that feeling of inner peace couldn't last long! A click from the email makes me feel shocked, perking me up again, almost making me tremble with fear.
I sip the last drops with a trembling right hand and place the empty glass on the table.

The word NEW MAIL appears on the laptop screen, I click and... I never expected this horrible surprise, a joke like that. I roll my eyes, the hand where I used to hold the glass is still shaking. The name NOAH STUMPHONE appears huge, almost as if it wants to invade, like myriads of viruses, the entire screen and jump right in my face.
An email from him, what more does he want? I don't have any feelings. How did he get my address? Yes, how stupid I am! I should have known better, being the second CEO.
I stay stuck for a while, watching that name hovering in my home, fantasizing that it could be an evil spirit that wants to take possession of me, or worse, a maniac stalker!
Well, I discard all these fantastic theories of mine and decide to open it, mistakenly smiling to myself, without any apparent logic.

FROM: NOAH STUMPHONE
TO: sarah.rodgerson@gmail.com

Waiting for your response, hoping it's to my liking, I wish you a good evening.
N.S.

But how cheeky he is! And how annoyingly persistent!  He wants to play, perfect. I am ready to give him back the right service.

FROM: SARAH RODGERSON
TO: nsenterprise@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Stuphone,
Unfortunately, I'm still in the "maybe" about your explicit job request.
Best regards,
S.R.

P.S. Do you always use this extravagant approach with women? :-)

I should congratulate myself. How I enjoy formally taking it for a spin.
Another click, another response from that goof.

FROM: NOAH STUMPHONE
TO: sarah.rodgerson@gmail.com

I might use it with one in particular... ;-)
I send you a kiss.

Oh my, how romantic...lol! He still can't understand who he's dealing with and that I will never stoop to what he wants, never! But it amuses me, it makes me smile and it made me sleepy. Is it because of him or the wine? I turn everything off and head sleepily towards the bedroom. Shocked by the day, amazed by the evening, hopeful for a night made of sweet dreams that will be able to transport me outside of all this unreal reality.