[Chapter 1] Through the rabbit hole

She had fallen through a rabbit hole.

No, she wasn't joking.

She had fallen through a rabbit hole.

When Rhea watched Alice in Wonderland, she thought it was ridiculous that a grown child could fall through a hole the size of her hand. Now, she, a grown adult, had done the exact same thing.

And now, she was in a random forest in the middle of nowhere.

Since she had actually read Alice in Wonderland, she was half-expecting to see something crazy. She did see something crazy, but that didn't mean she was in Wonderland.

She wasn't in Wonderland; she was in some new type of hell. A huge red snake was right there, sizing her up like she was prey.

It was bigger than she had ever seen, and truthfully, she was amazed at its size.

She wanted to keep it as a pet.

"What are you doing here, female?" the snake asked.

Who called people 'female' in the 21st century?

The fact that she wasn't even bothered by a talking snake...

"What tribe are you from?" it asked.

"I'm... human?" she responded.

"I've never heard of this tribe before. It is no matter; I will take you as my mate."

"Excuse me?" she blurted out.

What kind of omega verse nonsense was happening here?

Was he British and just referring to a more child-friendly version of 'mate'?

"It's not every day a pretty female drops from the sky. The heavens must be smiling at me today."

The snake transformed into a half-man beast!

At first, she thought this was the devil trying to trick her, but then she realized, maybe this wasn't Earth?

"Where are we? Is this Earth?" she asked.

"Earth?" he asked curiously.

"Like Earth, what continent are we on? Asia? Africa?"

"I don't know any of these words, female."

"My name is Rhea. It is disrespectful to call me female even if you are handsome."

"So you think I'm handsome?" he asked.

What kind of question was that? He was handsome, with long red hair to accompany his beautiful red tail and red eyes.

Maybe red was his favorite color?

She sighed and stood up, dusting her clothes off. She was meant to be on a date right now, so she was dressed for it, not for the wilderness.

"You are handsome, but I don't know your name. What should I call you?"

"My name is Curtis. So you have decided to be my mate, Rhea?" His voice was low, and he towered over her. He was too handsome; it was scary.

"No, I don't want a mate right now, but you can take me out. I don't mind, even if you are a snake."

She was way too nonchalant about this, but how else could she react?

"You want a feral to court you?"

"What do you mean, a feral? I'd think all animals in the jungle are feral."

"It seems you are a sheltered female... Anyway, ferals like us do not have a tribe and are quite dangerous. Do you throw yourself at death often?"