[Chapter 16] Snow day

Rhea woke up and saw the snow falling outside. She already knew what she would do today.

"Harvey! Let's go outside!" she called out, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

Harvey, busy making stew for the day, looked up and smiled at her excitement. "Eat breakfast first," he urged gently.

Rhea pouted but obediently sat at the low table. Harvey dished up some rice and stew, placing it in front of her. She ate quickly, the idea of snowmen and snow angels fueling her eagerness.

After breakfast, Rhea bundled up in a thick fur-lined cloak that wrapped snugly around her shoulders, a tunic made of soft leather that provided warmth while allowing freedom of movement, and sturdy boots that reached up to her knees, perfect for trudging through the snow. Her hair was tied back, and she wore a knitted hat that covered her ears.

Harvey dressed similarly, though his concern for Rhea's health was evident in the extra layers she wore. He handed her a pair of gloves, which she put on with a smile.

"Ready?" she asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Harvey nodded, though he couldn't hide his worry. "Just be careful not to catch a cold," he said as they stepped outside.

The world was a winter wonderland, the snow blanketing everything in sight. Rhea ran ahead, her laughter ringing out in the crisp air. Harvey followed, watching her like he would watch a wild cub.

"Harvey, do you know what a snowman is?" Rhea asked, scooping up a handful of snow.

Harvey shook his head. "No, what is it?"

Rhea grinned. "I'll show you! First, we need to make three big snowballs."

She demonstrated, rolling a ball of snow until it grew larger and larger. Harvey followed suit, together, they stacked the snowballs, forming the body of the snowman. Rhea found some twigs for arms and stones for the eyes and mouth.

"See? That's a snowman!" she said proudly.

Harvey looked at the creation with curiosity. "It's... interesting," he said, tilting his head. It didn't look much like a man, maybe a panda.

Rhea laughed. "It's just for fun, Harvey. Now, let's make snow angels! Lie down in the snow and move your arms and legs like this." She lay down and demonstrated, creating the shape of an angel in the snow.

Harvey hesitated but eventually joined her, mimicking her movements. "I don't see the point of this," he admitted.

"It's just to enjoy the snow," Rhea said, getting up and admiring their snow angels. "Look, aren't they pretty?"

Harvey stood up, brushing snow off his cloak. "They are," he agreed, as long as she was happy he'd go along with whatever weird idea she had. "But I still think you might catch a cold."

"Harvey, you worry too much," Rhea teased, throwing a playful handful of snow at him.

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Winston, who approached with Bai Qingqing and Parker. Winston waved, a smile on his face.

Rhea beamed. "Winston! Come join us! We're making snowmen and snow angels."

Bai Qingqing looked intrigued. "Snowmen? That sounds fun. What do you think, Parker?"

Parker nodded eagerly. "Let's do it!"

The group worked together, building more snowmen.

Rhea got to work too building another snowman for Curtis, this time giving it a snake tail.