[Chapter 7] The Beast City's Ambassadors

"Winston, it doesn't seem like our sources are accurate. Why are the girls just wandering the forest?" Miur asked the large white tiger. They were on a mission to bring back kidnapped females, and yet halfway through their mission, the women were already there, just wandering the forest.

"This is strange. Is it a trap?" Winston muttered.

"Muir! Check for an ambush!" Winston ordered as he prepared his large white tiger body to attack.

Muir flew above the canopy of trees, checking for an ambush, but he couldn't see anything. "Did they really just let them go?"

"Shuu, lead the wolves and take the females back to the Beast City. We'll go check out the Black Wind Valley!" Winston instructed, and the wolf in charge obeyed, leaving Winston and Miur to head down to the valley.

.

"One!"

"I will not call her 'female'; I will call her by her name!"

"Two!"

"When she is mad, I will reply, 'My wife is always right!'"

"Three!"

"When she doesn't want to have sex, we will not have sex!"

"Four!"

"We will not touch her without her explicit permission!"

"Five!"

"We will pay attention to her feelings and emotions!"

The scorpions under Rhea were doing push-ups strictly in her courtyard. She was holding a cane in hand and training them strictly not to be such assholes. Korrin was there to watch over them. His hair was pitch black and long, and Rhea admired how shiny it was, promising herself that hers would be better and longer too.

"Good! Stand up!" Rhea commanded.

The set of scorpions stood up, exhausted. Their daily training was the same. From daylight, they hunted colossals under Curtis's instructions, and in the evening, Rhea drilled them on what she called "a lesson in common sense."

Since they had let all the women go, they had too much energy to spare, so Rhea made sure they were constantly exhausted.

"Queen Rhea, we have visitors from Beast City," Nik informed her.

Rhea wondered what kind of people visited a tribe of scorpions, but then again, she was one of those people.

.

"This is strange. They haven't attacked us at all," Winston said as they sat in what seemed like a receiving room. It was too suspicious. Despite stepping into enemy territory, they hadn't been attacked once, and instead, a tetra-marked beast accompanied them.

Winston was familiar with Nik. Because of him, so many females had been kidnapped. They had fought multiple times, but neither had ever won.

Nik was the most powerful person in Black Wind Valley, but he wasn't the king. Winston found it strange; after all, ferals only knew to obey strength rather than logic.

"Is this really a trap?" Miur asked, getting more and more freaked out. "Maybe we should get out of here—"

"Oh, hello."

"!!"

The two men were startled out of their minds. Winston was just shocked to see a female. Was she left behind?

"Female, were you kidnapped? Did you not manage to escape?" Winston asked urgently.

"Rhea??" Miur exclaimed.