[Chapter 14] Till Spring

Korrin saw the change in Harvey's demeanor, and it didn't take long for him to realize what had happened. The way Harvey walked around with that satisfied look on his face and the scent of him mingled even more intensely with Rhea's. It hurt like a bitch.

"Dude, are you alright?" Leo asked. Korrin looked like he had swallowed a bug.

Everyone knew Harvey had marked Rhea. Leo, who had become one of Korrin's closer confidants, saw the obvious change in him.

Ever since the realization that Korrin liked Rhea became obvious, Leo had been sworn to secrecy by Rhea, who feared for the scorpion's life.

"If you like her, just tell her," Leo said exasperatedly. Watching him mope around like this was torture.

"I don't like her!" Korrin snapped instantly.

Leo didn't know what to say. A tsundere? Really?

"Fine, fine, you don't like her," he said, not caring enough to push the issue.

Korrin felt aggrieved. He really didn't know how to tell her. He had never expressed his feelings to anyone before, let alone to someone as formidable as Rhea.

Rhea, meanwhile, was busy organizing the preparations for winter. The hibernation period was critical, and she wanted to ensure everything was perfect.

Leo accompanied her, helping her allocated resources to each home.

"Rhea, have you talked to Korrin lately?" He asked after a while, though he didn't want to get involved if he saw Korrin's moping face one more time he would really lose it.

Rhea looked up from her work. "Not really. Why?"

"He's been acting strange. More so than usual," Leo said, his voice laced with concern.

"Did anything happen?"

"Harvey marked you didn't he? Korrin has been moping around because of that."

Rhea sighed. "Well, he should say something about me, going around kissing me in my sleep won't change anything."

"He's a tsundere." Leo explained.

"That makes sense." Rhea said nodding. If anyone else heard their conversation they would thoroughly confused. "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Talk to him. Maybe it will help him sort out his feelings," Leo suggested.

She looked at him with a raised brow. "Did you just say something... Reasonable?"

He raised his middle finger silently.

.

Later that day, Rhea found Korrin near the training grounds. He was practicing with some of the younger scorpions, he was diligent and disciplined she had to admit.

"Korrin, can we talk?" Rhea called out.

Korrin turned, surprised to see her. "Of course, Queen Rhea."

They walked a little away from the others, finding a quiet spot under a large tree. Rhea took a deep breath, unsure how to start.

"Korrin, I've noticed you've been... different lately," she began.

Korrin stiffened, his eyes darting away. "Different? How so?"

"You seem tense, and I feel like there's something you're not telling me," Rhea said gently.

Korrin swallowed hard. "It's nothing. I'm just... adjusting to everything."

Rhea shook her head. "Korrin, I need you to be honest with me. If there's something bothering you, I want to help."