[Chapter 12] The other Woman

Last night, someone stole a kiss from Rhea's lips, and now everyone was on her radar as a potential culprit.

She watched Curtis talk to the one-mark beasts he was training. Was it him? But it didn't feel like there was a lot of tongue.

Maybe Harvey?

No, Harvey doesn't have the guts to do something like that. Or did he?

"What are you thinking about? You're thinking so hard your face is wrinkly."

Rhea eyed Nik, who flinched under her gaze, still remembering how she broke his arm.

No, it couldn't be Nik; he's too scared of her.

"Someone kissed me last night. I'm trying to find out who." She was surprisingly willing to open up to him. He was more shocked than anything.

"Someone dared to kiss you? Are they not afraid of death? Who would kiss a beast in its sleep?"

His words were grating to hear. He really had a way of getting on her nerves.

"It's not Curtis and definitely not Harvey. Maybe it's one of the beast men who come to the hut often."

"Apart from Korrin and me, it's just Helio and Clove. The three who can read and write."

Rhea thought about the potential suspects. Maybe? But she didn't even know them that well. Why would anyone risk their life to kiss her?

"Is it really Harvey?" Right now, that seemed to be the only option.

"Why does it matter anyway? Are you that bored that you're making this into a big mystery? It was probably one of your mates."

"Nik, you need to be more afraid of me so you can speak less," she said deadpan.

"I don't think you plan on eating me, so I should be fine."

Her eye twitched. Maybe she should eat him.

"Whatever. Why are you here anyway? Don't tell me you're bored?"

"Oh. I forgot. I was here to tell you we found a female."

"What!!" Rhea sat up immediately. "Bring her here! Wait, did you kidnap her or..."

"That's illegal now. I just found her wandering and brought her here. It seems like she lost her mates."

"How curious. Bring her here."

.

Nik left to fetch the new female, leaving Rhea to her thoughts. The mystery of the kiss still gnawed at her, but the arrival of another female took precedence. It was rare for females to wander into their territory, and rarer still for them to be without their mates.

"Curtis."

Hearing her voice he stopped what he was doing to answer to her.

"What's wrong Rhea?"

"Last night, someone kissed me. I'm trying to figure out who it was."

Curtis looked confused. "Someone kissed you? In your sleep?"

"Yes. It wasn't you, was it?"

"Someone dared to kiss you while I was away!?"

Rhea sighed. "I can't figure out who it could be. Nik suggested it might be one of the beast men who come to the hut often."

Curtis's eyes narrowed. "I'll keep an eye out. If I find out who I can just kill them."

"Kill who? Don't do anything crazy, it might be Harvey."