[Chapter 17] Going Sledging with Harvey

Rhea woke up first today, which didn't happen often. And she proceeded to make sure Harvey never let it happen again.

Harvey was jolted awake by violent thumps from outside. Groggy and confused, he reached over to find Rhea’s side of the bed empty. Panic set in, and he rushed outside, where he was met with an alarming sight: Rhea wielding an axe, attempting to cut wood.

"Rhea!" he called out in alarm.

Rhea paused mid-swing, turning to face Harvey with a bright, sweet smile. "Good morning, Harvey!"

"What are you doing!?" His voice was tinged with fear as he approached her.

"I'm just cutting some wood to make something," she replied innocently, raising the axe again.

"Stop cutting! I'll be there to do it! Just stop!" Harvey demanded, his concern growing.

"But I’ve already started," she protested, looking at the partially chopped wood.

Harvey wasn’t having any of it. He knew her strength was formidable, but the thought of her injuring herself with such a dangerous tool was too much. "Rhea, please. Just let me handle it," he insisted, gently taking the axe from her hands.

Rhea sighed, pouting slightly but conceding. "Alright, fine. But you have to help me with what I’m making."

"Of course," Harvey agreed, relieved she was stepping back. "Just give me a moment to get dressed."

A few minutes later, Harvey returned, fully clothed and ready to take on the task. "So, what are you trying to make?" he asked, setting the axe aside and grabbing a saw instead.

"I want to make a sled," Rhea explained, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I thought it would be fun to ride down the snowy hills."

Harvey sighed, a mix of exasperation and affection. "A sled, huh? Alright, I can help with that. But you need to be careful with these things, Rhea."

"I know, I know," she said, rolling her eyes playfully. "I just got a little impatient."

"Well, leave the heavy lifting to me," Harvey replied, starting to cut the wood into the necessary pieces. "Why don’t you go make us some breakfast while I work on this?"

Rhea’s face lit up at the suggestion.

She hurried back inside, leaving Harvey to his work. He set about measuring and cutting the wood with precision, his skilled hands making quick work of the task. He couldn’t help but sigh at Rhea’s enthusiasm, he knew now he would die of a heart attack rather than old age.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, Harvey finished the last cuts and started assembling the sled. He carefully fitted the pieces together, making sure everything was secure and sturdy. It was a simple design, but he knew it would hold up well in the snow.

By the time he was finished, Rhea called him inside. "Breakfast is ready!"

Harvey wiped the sweat from his brow and headed indoors.

"This looks amazing," he said, sitting down at the table.

Rhea beamed with pride. "I’m glad you like it. You’ve been working so hard, you deserve a good meal."

The two sat down to eat, Harvey was starving since he had been working outside all day.

"Thank you for helping with the sled," Rhea said.

"Of course," Harvey replied, his eyes soft with affection. "Just promise me you won’t try to chop wood again on your own."

Rhea laughed, a melodious sound that filled the room. "I promise. I’ll leave the heavy lifting to you."