[Chapter 21] Congratulations

The forest was alive with the sound of raindrops pattering against the lush canopy above. The leaves rustled softly in the breeze, their vibrant green hues glistening with moisture. A narrow stream wound its way through the dense foliage, its surface rippling with each raindrop that kissed it. The air was thick with the earthy scent of wet soil and the fresh fragrance of rain-washed leaves.

Rhea was drenched, her clothes clinging to her skin as the rain poured down around her. She stood with Harvey in a small clearing, their laughter mingling with the sound of the storm. It was a memory that felt like a dream, the world blurring at the edges as if painted with watercolours. Harvey's laugh echoed around her as he spun her around, his eyes sparkling with a joy that seemed to light up the stormy sky.

"You're crazy, Harvey!" Rhea laughed, her heart swelling with love and happiness. "We're going to catch a cold!"

"I didn't expect you to care for things like that, Rhea," Harvey replied, pulling her closer. His voice was warm and reassuring, a stark contrast to the chill of the rain. "We only get moments like these once in a lifetime, so just dance with me."

His lips brushed her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Rhea felt her heart race as she looked into his eyes, seeing his love and devotion. The world outside their dance ceased to exist, and all that mattered was the man in front of her, the man who made her feel alive. Harvey's touch was warm, his embrace was a sanctuary that shielded her from the storm.

"I could stay like this forever," Rhea whispered, her voice barely audible over the rain. "Just you and me, Harvey."

He smiled, his gaze never leaving hers. "Forever sounds perfect," he murmured, his lips finding hers in a tender kiss. The rain seemed to intensify, the world around them fading even further as they lost themselves in each other.

But then, slowly, the scene began to shift. The rain stopped falling, and the world around her started to fade. Harvey's face became distant, his features blurring as if being washed away by the rain.

"Harvey?" Rhea called out, panic creeping into her voice. She tried to hold onto him, but he started to slip away.

"Rhea," Harvey's voice was soft, a whisper on the wind. "It's time to wake up."

"No! Harvey, don't leave me!" she cried, tears streaming down her face.

"Rhea, you have to wake up," he said, his voice firm but filled with love. "I'll wait for you here. But you need to live your life."

The weight of his words crushed her, and she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. Harvey pulled her close, his arms enveloping her in a final embrace. His lips found hers once more in a kiss filled with all the love and longing he had, a kiss that would have to last a lifetime.

"I'll always love you, Rhea," he whispered against her lips, his voice fading. "Live your life, my love. I'll be here, waiting."

With one last lingering kiss, Harvey faded away completely, leaving her alone in the darkness. Rhea's sobs echoed in the void, her heart breaking as she clung to the pieces of him that existed in her memories.

.

The rain poured down in relentless sheets as Curtis trudged through the forest, Rhea unconscious in his arms. His heart ached with every step, the weight of her sorrow pressing down on him. The Black Wind Tribe's village came into view, its huts barely visible through the deluge. The scorpions were waking from hibernation; their confusion evident as they emerged to see Curtis approaching.

"Curtis?" Korrin's voice was filled with worry as he hurried over. "What happened?"

Curtis said nothing, his face held a stoic expression, his eyes were void of any emotion. He carried Rhea up to the palace in the cliffs, laying her gently on her bed. She was still soaked, her face pale and streaked with tears.