[Chapter 8] Beautiful

Harvey sat in his apothecary, meticulously working on a new tonic for Rhea. He had successfully made contraception, but now he was attempting to create something that would temporarily pause her estrous cycle. The various herbs and ingredients required his full concentration, and he was completely absorbed in his work.

"Harvey?" Rhea's voice was weak, almost a whisper.

"Rhea?" Harvey called out, turning around just in time to see her collapse onto the floor. Panic surged through him as he rushed to her side, seeing her body drenched in sweat and burning with an inhuman fever.

"Curtis!" Harvey shouted, lifting Rhea's limp form into his arms and carrying her to her room. The urgency in his voice brought Curtis running, his eyes wide with fear as he took in Rhea's condition.

"What happened?" Curtis demanded, his voice trembling.

"She just collapsed in my apothecary! I don't know what happened. Let her cuddle with you; your cold body might help cool her down," Harvey explained, his voice shaky.

Curtis complied, wrapping his cold tail around Rhea's feverish body. He could feel the heat radiating from her, and it scared him. He held her close, his heart pounding with worry.

Harvey checked her pulse and then gasped. "She's pregnant?"

"What? Is that why she is sick?" Curtis asked, his eyes wide with shock.

"I don't know. I've never seen anything like this!" Harvey was beginning to freak out. "We need to go to Beast City. They have more experienced healers who can help."

Curtis looked down at Rhea, her face contorted in pain as she groaned softly. "No, she can't withstand the journey. You need to go and bring back a healer. Find Winston and Muir. Ask them for help, and we will pay in crystals."

Curtis handed a pouch of crystals to Harvey. "You need to go and come back quickly. I will watch over her. This is all my fault."

Harvey nodded, determination replacing his fear. He left immediately, knowing that every second counted. He made his way through the valley and into the forest, moving as fast as he could.

.

As Harvey sprinted through the dense forest, his mind raced with worry and determination. He couldn't lose Rhea. She was the anchor that held their lives together, and the thought of something happening to her was unbearable. He pushed his body to its limits, his muscles burning and lungs aching, but he didn't stop.

Hours later, he finally reached the outskirts of Beast City. The grand, sprawling city loomed ahead, its towering buildings and bustling streets a stark contrast to the wild, untamed forests he had traveled through. He didn't waste any time marveling at the cityscape. Instead, he headed straight for the central square, where he hoped to find Winston and Muir.

"Harvey!" a familiar voice called out.

Harvey turned to see Muir approaching, his wings tucked neatly behind him. Relief washed over him at the sight of the eagle beastman.

"Muir, I need your help. Rhea is very sick. We think she's pregnant, but she's burning with fever. We need a healer from Beast City," Harvey explained quickly, his voice urgent.

Muir's expression turned serious. "Follow me. Winston and the best healers are this way."

They hurried through the streets, weaving through the crowd until they reached a large building with a sign that read "Healers' Guild." Muir led Harvey inside, where Winston was speaking with a group of healers.

"Winston!" Muir called, catching his attention.

Winston turned, his eyes widening as he saw Harvey. "What's going on?"