[Chapter 15] Welcome to Beast City!

Muir flew over Beast City as the snow fell, the delicate flakes dancing in the cold air. The city below him looked peaceful, covered in a soft white blanket that muted the usual bustling sounds. Muir's sharp eyes scanned the surroundings, ever vigilant for any signs of trouble.

The cold wind ruffled his feathers as he soared higher, his keen gaze sweeping across the landscape. Muir perched on a sturdy branch of an ancient oak tree, which creaked slightly under his weight. From this vantage point, he could see the entire city spread out before him: the stone buildings with their snow-covered roofs, the winding streets where the occasional figure braved the cold.

A movement below caught his attention. Muir focused his keen eyesight and saw a figure moving swiftly through the snow. He narrowed his eyes, trying to identify who it was. To his surprise, he saw Rhea riding on a leopard's back, her hair flowing behind her as they made their way through the forest.

Muir's heart skipped a beat. Rhea's laughter reached his ears, and he couldn't help but smile at the sound. It was a rare sight to see her so carefree and happy.

He took off from the branch, his powerful wings beating against the crisp air as he followed them from above.

Rhea noticed a black shadow following her and looked up to see the familiar black eagle.

"Muir!" she called out, excited.

Harvey came to a stop as Muir perched on a branch, changing back to his human form.

"Welcome to Beast City, Rhea!" Muir greeted, his voice filled with genuine warmth.

Rhea smiled brightly, her skin against the snow making her look like an angel. "You're here to welcome us? Do you mind showing us around?"

"Of course! Just follow me!" Muir took off again, and Harvey followed suit.

Beast City was exactly how she imagined it: houses of all types were erected, and people walked through casually. They all seemed to be heading to the large castle at the other end.

"Where are they going?" Rhea asked curiously. "Is there a festival going on?"

"Ah, the ape king discovered a drink that can help warm the females' bodies, so he's inviting every female to have a drink. We should go too," Muir explained.

Rhea nodded, watching as the females were being carried by their males princess style. She felt a bit out of place riding Harvey but felt too awkward being carried like that, as it limited her field of view too much.

Muir took them into the building, which from the inside looked like a large dome. There were lots of other couples there, and the stares she was used to doubled.

Rhea tried to ignore it the best she could and dismounted Harvey.

"This is as far as males can go. You can go through to the other room; we'll be waiting here for you," Muir explained.

"Thank you, Muir," she said, smiling. The number of stares increased again. "I'll be back soon, Harvey!" She petted his head, and he licked her hand.

As soon as she went in, Harvey noticed someone in the crowd.

"Parker?"

It was Parker, the young leopard from his clan who had just found his female before Harvey left.

"Harvey! What are you doing here!? I haven't seen you in a while!" Parker ran up to Harvey, who changed back to human form.

"My mate and I just arrived. She's inside getting some of the nectar," Harvey explained.

Parker felt relieved; since Harvey had a mate, he wouldn't have his eyes on Bai Qingqing.

"Bai Qingqing is getting some too! I'm just waiting for her!"