[Chapter 11] I reincarnated and became a Scorpion

Leo woke up at the break of dawn, stretching his limbs and shaking off the remnants of sleep.

As one of the few scorpions who could read and write, Leo had been put in charge of managing resources which he was paid handsomely for.

He stepped outside, inhaling the crisp morning air. The village was already stirring, with scorpions bustling about, preparing for the day ahead.

Leo made his way to the central storage facility, a newly constructed building designed to keep their supplies safe and organized.

Leo's day began with an inventory check. He recorded the quantities of bought crops, hunted game, and crafted goods. His records ensured that every resource was accounted for and distributed fairly. He made sure the farmers had their seeds, the healer had his herbs and the meat was well stored.

Next, he held a brief meeting with the heads of each division-Korrin for agriculture, Nik for hunting, and Harvey for the healer association.

They discussed the current stock levels, any upcoming needs, and plans for winter.

He checked on the progress of the craftsmen, ensuring they had the materials they needed and that their products met the tribe's standards.

He visited the fields, noting the growth of the crops and discussing future planting strategies with Korrin. He even stopped by the hunting grounds to observe Nik's training sessions.

Despite the constant activity, Leo found time to mentor a few young scorpions interested in learning to read and write. He taught them in the evenings, under the lanterns at the village square.

Once finished, he made his way to the central meeting area where Rhea held court.

Rhea was seated on her makeshift throne, looking as beautiful as ever. Curtis and Harvey stood by her side, their presence reminding everyone of her power. Leo approached, bowing respectfully.

"Good evening, Queen Rhea," Leo greeted her. "I've completed the day's inventory and have the latest updates for you."

Rhea smiled warmly. "Thank you, Leo. You've been doing an excellent job. Please, tell me about today's progress."

Leo detailed the day's activities, highlighting the productivity and the plans for the coming days.

Rhea listened attentively, occasionally nodding in approval. When he finished, she leaned forward, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"You have a way with words, Leo," Rhea remarked. "Your records are honestly really good. Where did you learn to write so well?"

Leo hesitated for a moment, a flicker of uncertainty crossing his features. "I... I learned from my mother... Before she escaped."

Rhea's eyes narrowed slightly, a glint of curiosity sparking in them. "That's interesting."

Leo swallowed, feeling a sudden lump in his throat. There's no way she figured it out, right?

.

Curtis slithered through the village with a large bag in hand. The scorpions ignored him as he was a normal occurrence. Curtis arrived at the central hut where the food storage was.

"Curtis? Another delivery?" Leo asked. He was one of those who could read. He had skin similar to the others of his tribe, his hair was short and red. He was surprisingly young. According to him, his mother taught him to read before her escape.

"Yes, more seeds. Rhea says to store them well for next spring." Curtis dropped the bags by the floor.

"Yeah, no problem. I guess she wants us to make flour..."