15.behavior

At wonder duo daycare

Bailey sitting by the window by herself. She ignored her friends as she looked at storybook. The book was called the ugly duckling. Bailey didn't participate any activity for the morning. She stare at the crafts in front, she sat quiet and still for music time.

The workers assume she was just no energy for having no sleep. So when it was time for nap time, they were surprised to she wide awake. She usually doesn't sleep anyways. She usually helps the workers clean up.

"Bailey, you wanna help out the toys away?"asked the worker. Bailey shook her head.

"Do you feel icky?"asked the worker. Bailey thought it. She feels sad but not sick. She shook her head.

The worker was still concerned about the kid health. She went to call the hero secretary to pass along message that pro hero dynamight is need in the daycare.

Within 30 mins, a concerned bakugou appeared. The worker quietly greeted him at the entrance.

"Why did you need me?"he asked.

"Bailey is behaving unusual. She has low energy, she isn't playing with others, and doesn't seem like herself."said the worker. Bakugou was confused. Bailey did seem sluggish this morning but he blamed on her being sleepy.

"Recommend letting doctor look at her since Bailey may not able to express her illness properly like other kids."she said. Bakugou nodded. The worker went to inform Bailey that she is going home. Bailey was staring out of the window. Window faced the small garden.

"Bailey, your dad is here for you. Look like you going home early!"said the worker excitedly. Most kids would be excited to go home early but Bailey wasn't. She looked more emotional distant. She followed the worker to the exit.

Bakugou was about lift her up but Bailey took a step back. She grabbed his hand instead. Bakugou looked confused. She usually doesn't mind getting carried. Bakugou immediately took her for a check up at the hospital.

The doctor did a routine health examination on the child. Bailey hesitated but cooperative with the doctor.

"Bailey is little under weight. But it has make progress since the last time she been here. Other than that she is health. Do you have any other concerns?"the doctor asked.

"Her behavior is odd day."he said.

"Well, any changes happen recently? Like new diet, new routine?"she asked. Bakugou thought about it. They keep the same routine. Nothing new happened yet. Bakugou shook his head.

"How long she been in your care?"she asked.

"Almost 2 months."he said. He knew the exact date but didn't want to admit that.

"When did her behavior change?"she asked as she took notes. Bakugou thought it. He felt like an idiot for realizing it soon.

"Yesterday night."said bakugou. He sighed. " I think I know the problem, doctor. Sorry for wasting your time." He adds.

They went home. Bakugou guided Bailey to the couch. Bailey stared at him blankly. Bakugou kneeled in front of her.

" I am not your dad."he said. Bailey nodded with frown. Bakugou felt stab in his heart when he saw her expression. She look like a kicked puppy. Bakugou looked away from her before speaking.

"You need a good forever home. You deserve loving parents who have time to take care of you."he said. He looked at her. She looked at her hand as she fiddled with the rips in her jeans. " I am willing to help you find that home. I promise I will find you a good home." He adds.

Bailey looked at his face. He was determined but so she is. She is going to make him see that he is her home! Bailey nodded.