34. Hero work

Somewhere in the city

The pro heroes were recusing civilians from crumbling building. Bakugou was looking for any more civilians in the office building. He checked the building twice before returning to the team.

"All clear."he said the group of pro heroes. Some of heroes went to talk to press. Bakugou went to help the medics with the injured people when dispatch call about another incident nearby. Bakugou left the area to next incident area. When he arrived on scene, he saw the cops just standing around the building.

"Situation?"asked bakugou to the nearby cop.

"Pregnant woman is trapped with her teen son. The husband is threatening to kill them if we enter."said the cop. He pointed to the negotiation detective looking at a security camera on screen.

"Where can I enter the building from?"asked bakugou. The cops explained the blueprints of the building. Bakugou entered the building from a window on the fourth floor.

"What floor are they at?"asked quietly bakugou to the communicator in his ear.

"Second floor."said the cop. Bakugou quietly went down the stairs to the second floor. He heard yelling.

"She is trying divorce me! I can't allow that! Once I find that stupid paper! I will leave with my family!"said the husband. Bakugou snuck around the office floor. He found the mother and son in the corner office. The son eyes widen when he saw the hero. Bakugou quietly shushed him. The teen nodded.

"They are fine! If you enter this building, I will shoot the boy! I have another coming anyways!"said the husband. The mother tried to comfort the teen. Bakugou aim small explosion at the gun in the guy hand. The gun flew out of his hand. He looked at the hero with anger. He quickly grabbed the boy and held a knife to teen neck.

"John! No! Please!"said the wife.

"Get out of here!"yelled the husband. Bakugou scoffed. He aimed small explosive at the window behind the guy. The glass shattered and guy flinched. Bakugou pulled the teen away from the guy. He punched the guy to knock him out.

"The shooter is unconscious."said bakugou to the police via communicator. He looked at the mother and teen.  The teen was panicking while mother taking deep breaths.  Bakugou walked to them.

"Let's get you two out of here."said bakugou. The women shook her head.

"The baby is coming."said woman. Bakugou called for the medics. The cops reached the scenes. The heroes didn't see any paramedics with them.

"Ambulance got a flat tire halfway here. So another one is coming in few minutes."said the cop.

"She is bleeding!"said the teen. The cops and hero looked at the women. She was in pain. The cops look under the woman dress. He gagged and other fainted. Bakugou rolled his eyes. He took his gauntlets off. This isn't his first time delivering a baby in the field. He looked for the cops for help but they disappeared with the criminal. Bakugou rolled his eyes before asking the teen for help.

"Take your jacket off."said bakugou to the teen.  The teen gave his jacket to the hero. Surprisedly the baby came out quick. Bakugou wrapped the baby in jacket. He looked at baby in his arms. He wonder what his daughter look like as a baby.

"It's a girl."he said to the mother. Mother smiled tirelessly. The teen pouted.

" I wanna a brother."mumbled the teen. The hero passed the baby to the mother. They waited for the medics. The hero scolded them for being late. Bakugou left the building. He was rushed by press.

"Why are you bloody?!" "Is someone injury?" " what happened in there?"

He ignored all the questions. He went back to the agency to get clean. He stopped by the daycare before going back to the field. The staff thought he was there to take Bailey home. Bakugou shook his head. He stood in the doorway of the playroom. Bailey was happily chasing around her friends. So for once, bakugou actually wonder what Bailey life was before him.

Did she have siblings? Did she miss her biological parents? Did she missed original family?

Bakugou took a mental note to look into Bailey past later but now he enjoy watching her be happy.