38. Say goodbye

At the bakugou residence

The father daughter duo was watching tv. Well Bailey was watching tv while bakugou sat on the couch and scrolled on his phone.

"Chase on the case!"said Bailey along with the tv show character. Bakugou looked up from his phone. He noticed Bailey was standing in front of the tv.

"Mouse, sit on the couch. You going to make your eyesight bad."he said for nth time today. She gets excited and jump out of her seat to dance along with the tv. Bailey sat on the couch. Bakugou went to the kitchen for a snack. He grabbed some grapes pour some into two bowls. He went back to the living room. Bailey back standing at the tv.

"What did I just say?"he said. Bailey was about to apologize when she noticed her father had a snack.

"I want some!"said Bailey. She ran to him.  Bakugou put one bowl on the small center table.

"That's for you."he said. Bailey smiled.

"Thank you Kacchan."she said. She ate a grape,

"You wel-" he stopped talking when he realized what she did said. He didnt think that stupid nickname was bring him joy. He smiled at Bailey who focus on eating. He petted her head. Bailey looked up at him. She smiled back at him.

"Pretty."said Bailey. She point to bakugou. Bakugou chuckled.

"Don't eat it too fast."he said. Bailey nodded. They heard knocking at the door. Bailey was about to run but bakugou stopped her.

"You are fine. You don't have to hide."he said. Bailey looked hesitant. The person knock again. Bailey ran out of the living room. Bakugou went to answer the door. It was his parents .

"What do you want?"he asked as he allowed his parents inside as he ignored his mother scolding for lack of proper greeting.

"To pick Bailey up for the movies."said Masaru. Bakugou looked at the time. His parents wanted to go to the movies with Bailey to spend time with her.

"Let me get her ready."said bakugou. He went look for her. He found her under her bed.

"Time to get ready."said bakugou. Bailey got dressed. Bakugou did her hair.

"Where we going?"asked Bailey as bakugou added a bow to her hair.

"Your grandparents are taking you to see that new movie."said bakugou.

"Encanto!?"said Bailey. Bakugou nodded. They left the bedroom. Bailey waved to her grandparents at the entrance. Bailey put her shoes on and tied the laces.

"You are good at tying your shoes."said Mitsuki to Bailey. Bailey nodded. Bakugou smirk proudly.

"Light purple will good great with her sliver hair."said Masaru to mitsuki.

"We can go shopping afterwards."said mituski.

"No! She isn't a dress up doll. No clothes shopping."said bakugou sternly. Bailey patted bakugou leg and gestured to be pick up. She hugged him and gave him a kiss on cheek.

"Have fun, mouse." He said. He placed her on her feet. His parents told their goodbyes then bakugou was left with a quiet house for once. He turned off the tv. He started deep cleaning the house. He organized his closet and kitchen. He sat on his couch. He scrolled through social media for a hour before going to check on Bailey. He went to the bedroom and realized she left.

He not used to being home by himself. Bailey usually home with him. Bailey always following him around the house. He never really alone in the house. He called midoriya.

M: hello?
B: what do you do when you home without your kid?
M: is Bailey gone?
B: she hanging out with my parents today.
M: usually with kaz isn't home. I go hang out with friends.
B: Mina and stupid hair did a vacation this weekend. The others are on duty today.
M: well you can join me in the office. I have to sort through some paperwork.
B: pass. I don't want to work on my day off.
M: well, what you use to do before Bailey came?

Bakugou thought about it. Before Bailey, he was working all the time. On his off days, he was catch up on his sleep and maybe hang out with his friends if they weren't busy. He barely had a social life.

After Bailey came, he try to keep a decent work life balance. All his free time went to spending with her. He used his days off to do whatever Bailey wanted to do like going to the park or making blanket forts.

B: nothing
M: well, what about your hobbies? Rock climbing-
B: I promised Bailey that I was take her with me next time. Since I went alone last time.
M: oh. Maybe tv watching?
B: maybe. Thanks for no help.
M: sorry!

Bakugou hanged up. He sat in quiet room as he regrets not going with them to the movies. He went to his collection. He grab an all night movie to watch to pass the time.

Bakugou was glad when they came back. Bailey had a new toy and wearing new clothes.

"I said no shopping."said bakugou.

"She spilled soda on herself at the restaurant. We buy her new clothes."said mitsuki. Masaru gave his son the bag of dirty clothes.

"Mouse tell them goodbye."said bakugou. He wanted them gone before he start yelling at them for not telling him what happened. He rather than bring her home than change her clothes.

"Goodbye."whisper Bailey shyly from next to bakugou. Three adults looked shocked. The grandparents were shocked because this first time they heard her speak. Bakugou was shock because she actually listened to him. Usually she just waves goodbye.

"She can talk!"said Masaru. Mitsuki kneeled down to Bailey height.

"Can you say granny?"said mituski with excitement. Bailey step closer to her father. She wants them to leave already. She had fun but now that she is home. She just wants a bubble bath and cuddles.

Bakugou noticed his daughter discomfort as his mother tried to encourage her to speak again. Bakugou picked her up. She hid her face in his shoulder.

"Old hag that's not selective mutism works. Can you leave now?"said bakugou. Masaru tried to apologize but bakugou opened the door. His parents left.

"How does a bubble bath sounds?"he asked gently.

"Yea!"she said excitedly. Bakugou tried not grimace as she yelled near his ear. He was just glad she was back.