Chapter 9: Student dormitories

Hugan: “This is the student dormitories. The female dormitory is on the left, and the male dormitory is on the right. The building in the middle is the dining hall and communal bathhouse. Curfew is at 10pm. If you’re going to be late, make sure to contact the matron.”

The student dormitories of Centrior stood tall in a 凹 shape. Considering there were 450 students in total, the building looked way too huge but Razé assumed this was also an aristocratic standard. She shouldn’t be too particular about these things.

“When you get inside, tell your name to the matron and they will give you your room key. Your luggage has already been teleported to your room. Each room will be shared by two people. Make sure to get along well,” Hugan said while walking towards the entrance.

There was quite a distance between the classroom and the dormitories. I have to be careful not to oversleep, Razé thought to herself. There were few doors lined up side by side, and when she went through it, the first thing she saw was the chandelier. Base color for the building interior was black, and it had an atmosphere like a luxury hotel. Razé blinked a few times as she looked around.

The hospitality here is very great. For the aristocrats this might be nothing special, but for commoner this was very grand. Razé was already used to it because she had visited the Staff Headquarter so many times before. But Folia who was standing next to her was moving around restlessly.

Hugan: “The welcome party will start at 6.30pm at the same main hall earlier. Wear formal attire, make sure you don’t get lost and come on time. Until then, you can do whatever you want. I’ll be at the dormitory lobby. You can come and find me if there is anything. Dismissed!”

The students dispersed and went to get their key from the matron. Razé queued up too and met the matron who was wearing round glasses.

Matron: “Congratulations on entering the school.”

Razé: “Thank you. My name is Razé Granoli.”

Matron: “Here is your key.”

Razé: “I’ll be in your care for these 3 years.”

Matron: “Likewise. I wish you all the best.”

Razé received a bookmark-shaped key from the very friendly matron. There was a number 2103 written at the top. When she went to find Folia and Carna, she was surprised to find out that she was in the same room with Folia.

Folia: “Yeay! I’m so glad my roommate is you, Razé-chan!”

Razé: “Un. Me too.”

Carna: “So nice. I wonder what my roommate looks like. I’m nervous.”

Carna’s room number is 3116. Their room was quite far away.

Razé: “I’m sure you will get along well, Carna-sama.”

Carna: “You think so?”

Razé: “Yes.”

Razé cheered Carna up. Considering that Carna was a kind-hearted person who wouldn’t mind to be friend with commoner,  Razé was sure that she could get along well with her roommate easily.

Carna: “See you at the hall later.”

Razé: “Okay.”

After parting with Carna at the stairs, Razé and Folia went upstairs. Soon they found their room and Razé let the excited Folia to unlock the door and went inside.

Folia: “Wow! This place is so nice!”

The room was larger than Razé’s home and was equipped with bed, desk and closet. It was not as flashy as she had had imagined, and had a soothing interior. She knew that she won’t feel stuffy even if she stayed here for three years. Even if they closed the curtain in the middle, the space was large enough without giving a feeling of oppression.