Chapter 10: Welcome Party

“Hmm, what should I do? I’ve never worn these kinds of dress before.” Folia stood in front of the dresses, unsure which to choose. There were more than 10 dresses, so it was natural for her to be at a loss.

“You can choose the one you like. I’ll help dress you up,” Raze said while putting on a light blue dress, the one that was gifted by her subordinates.

“Wow! Razé-chan, you look great!” Folia saw her and immediately gave a praise.

Checking her appearance through the mirror inside the closet, Razé smilingly said, “Thank you.” She rarely got to wear a dress, so she was genuinely happy to be complimented on it.

Razé: “Folia, hurry up and choose your dress. There’s not much time left.”

Folia: “Un!”

Folia chose a green dress that matched her eye color. The dress had an elegant design with wide sleeves, making Folia looked so lovely that she could be mistaken for a woodland fairy.

Razé used to work in the Military Intelligence Department, so she knew how to use makeup for disguise. She utilized those skills to braid Folia’s hair into half updo and applied makeup on her face. Since they need to put on the flower corsage somewhere, she pinned it to Folia’s hair.

Razé: “Perfect. So cute.”

Folia: “Wow! Razé-chan, sugoi[1]! Thank you!”

It’s all thanks to my experience in the Military Intelligence Department. Seeing the way Folia looked, it was the first time that Razé felt she wanted to praise herself for joining the Military Intelligence Department. She was not good at dressing herself up, so she indifferently adjusted her appearance and then they left for the party.

* * *

“Wow!” The main hall, which was full with rows of chairs during the entrance ceremony earlier, had been transformed into a party venue. The students dressed up for the occasion could be seen standing here and there, talking happily with each other.

Perhaps everything looked new to her, Folia’s eyes were shining brightly. Raze saw her reaction and shrugged her shoulder a little. This girl… she’s so vulnerable.

On their way to the hall, there were many boys glancing at Folia. Razé’s experience in the military had improved her five senses, or even six senses. She could easily decipher what those glances mean, and it was painful to watch. Those boys were keeping their distance because they were not sure about Folia’s background. But what would happen if they find out that she was a commoner? Folia was to be blamed too. She was like a young and pure saint, someone who didn’t know how to refuse, and it was making Razé worried.

“Ah, Carna-sama!” Folia saw Carna and waved her hand vigorously. Seeing her reaction, Carna widened her eyes and walked over in a haste.

Carna: “Folia-san, a lady should not wave her hand like that. It is improper.”

Folia: “So- Sorry. I got excited seeing you.”

Carna let out a sigh after seeing the downhearted look on her face.

Carna: “Anyway, you look good in this dress. And your hair too. I’m surprised.”

Folia raised her head cheerfully after hearing those words. She was a very expressive person. It would not be boring to watch her expression changing from one to another.

Folia: “Razé-chan helped me dressed up. Isn’t she great?”

“You did it?” Carna looked at Razé with widened eyes. “… Hmm, you did it again-”