Chapter 48: An encounter at the Aqua City

Razé: “Oh, I forgot. Claude-kun, thank you for the dress.”

Claude: “Your clothes yesterday has been washed and will be sent together with your luggage.

Razé: “Waa-. Thank you! It’s really hard to get rid of beast bloodstain on clothes. It’s been a while since I last fight, so I miscalculated my power.”

Claude wondered how could someone miscalculate their power to that extend, but he kept the question to himself.

Adis: “There’s something I’m curious about. When you came to the palace asking for backup, the stampede was still at the early stage.”

Claude: “I was wondering about the same thing too. Don’t tell me it was an adventurer’s intuition.”

Razé: “I woke up in the middle of the night and went out to the balcony. Then, I saw Carna-sama jumped off the balcony so I went after her. I can’t let her go out alone.”

Adis and Claude nodded in agreement.

Razé: “Same to you, Adis-sama. You’re the first one to rush over at the scene. I heard you managed to take down most of the beasts. Your mother’s training has made you stronger, right?”

Adis: “A little. Unlike someone who always lose in the first round. Maybe they lacked practice.”

Razé: “Hmm. I wonder who that is~”

They followed a gravel road on the mountain side of Beham while chatting. After a while, they saw a workshop stood aloof in an isolated location. The owner was a very friendly person. When they requested him to provide the paper for the lantern, he gladly accepted the order.

Razé: “That’s great! We still have lots of time left until lunch.”

Claude: “Let’s go take a walk around the town.”

Razé: “Okay!”

They would have to return by lunch time. It had been a while since Razé last visited Beham, so she wanted to take a look around.

Razé: “Adis-sama. Make sure not to flirt around with the girls here and cause any trouble.”

Adis: “I think you’ve misunderstood. I’ve never forced or hurt the girls. One more thing. Just call me Ady when we’re in town. Don’t use ‘sama’.”

Razé: “…Okay.”

Adis also disguised himself to mix among the commoners. But for some reason, Razé was annoyed with him, probably because of his usual behavior.

Claude: “Then, Adis should call Razé by her name too. I’ve only heard you call her ‘scholarship student’ in these two years.”

Razé: “Now that you mention it, it seems to be true. Well, I’m the only scholarship student at the moment, so it should be fine as long as no one gets confused.”

Claude: “Is that what’s important here?”

Claude watched Razé with a puzzled look on his face.

Adis: “Maybe someday. Scholarship student.”

Razé: “Up to you. Adi-kun.”

Razé didn’t mind at all. Sometimes, she had to use different names during her undercover missions. So, she was not so particular about name.

Adis looked at her and thought that she was annoying him as usual.

Razé: “Beham is famous for their fish. But that’s not suitable for a souvenir, is it?”

Claude: “Yeah. There is enough food prepared for us, so maybe you should buy something else.”

Razé: “Hmm. I wonder what I should buy.”