Chapter 49: An Overelaborated Story Setting

My work increased suddenly…

Razé was in a bad mood. It was true that her school days were like a vacation to her. But if it was going to be like this, then why didn’t the military ask her to work on the weekends during her school period? Now she couldn’t even enjoy her day off. What if she died due to overwork and reincarnate again? That would not be funny.

But she knew there must be a reason for Sesemann to personally came and gave her the order. There was nothing unusual for him to wander around, but collecting so many S level magic stones in such a short time was indeed suspicious.

By right, he should be able to acquire S level magic stones from the military if he applied for it. Looking at how he personally came to the store, it seemed that it was his personal action. And what made Razé felt even more sure of her suspicion was when he said that he would treat her a cup of tea later. It was their keywords when they had something to talk in private. Perhaps he had come all the way to Beham just to get in touch with her.

Huh? Wait a minute!

Razé realized something was off.

With her capability, she could clear this mission within the next few days before the holiday was over. But she knew that Sesemann was not a sarcastic person either. People often misunderstood him because of his overbearing attitude, but actually he was a man with a strong sense of justice.

Razé bit her lips in frustration for not noticing his intention earlier. She felt that she had lost her touch. She looked at the note given by Sesemann. She wondered if it was a hidden message.

『 S level magic stones : ƚen p. 』

To harvest magic stones, I’d need to go to Baruda. 10 pieces of S level stones… Why did he write ‘ƚen’? Is this a plus symbol? If so, then what does it mean? This… Is it symbol of church? Magic stone and church… If ‘p.’ is not pieces, could it mean person? Oh god… Then, this ratio symbol ‘:’ is…division? Break? Busted?! [1]

When Razé realized what the message meant, her face turned pale.

Level S military confidential information was leaked to people on the church’s side.

This was a serious matter. A top level emergency situation that could lead to an unprecedented major incident. If Razé was on duty, the General would definitely come to talk to her personally about this. Meeting him here was not a coincidence. Sesemann came all the way from capital city to Beham just to pass the message to her.

“Are you aware of how many of your comrades had to go through danger risking their lives while you were away at school?”

Razé recalled the words he said earlier.  It seemed that he was not talking about her subordinates, but rather it was about her fellow Shadow’s Eye comrades.

There were only a few people in the military, including members of Shadow’s Eye, who knew about that matter. And Sesemann was one of the people who knew about it. Since this matter could not be discussed in the military, it is understandable that he would come here to meet her. And his lecture that almost revealed her identity might have been a precaution measure in case one day she disappeared from the academy. Although, his acting might be a little too much…

On top of this, Razé felt that Sesemann had purposely called her a courier for some reason. She had a hunch that he was going to give her a thrilling mission.

His smile was….

He might have thought that she had lost her touch after looking at her reaction. When he said that she was playing around, it might have been his actual impression of what she had been doing. Razé felt horrified.