Chapter 41: A Chaotic Holiday Part 2

Right when Razé arrived at her office, Bonalt greeted her with a perturbed look on his face.

Bonalt: “Leader…”

Razé: “What happened?”

Bonalt: “A beast with Risk Level 7 has appeared in Togner’s dungeon.”

Razé: “…They asked for me?”

Bonalt: “Yes.”

Bonalt felt bad for Razé because he knew about her plan.

Bonalt: “There was a fatality reported. It seems that the Knights are also having a hard time rescuing the adventurers.”

Razé could easily guess that. Since they had sent a request, then she would have to go. By right, even the Knights should have someone who could handle this matter.  She couldn’t help to sigh when she thought about it.

Razé: “The Knights are full of aristocrats after all. So, what? Are they saying that military should take the dangerous job? Well, it’s true that we put our live on the line doing our job. But seriously, can’t they do something about this?”

Use whatever you could use. That was how it worked in Shian. If you look at it positively, it was the right man for the right job. But…

Since Razé didn’t know the actual situation, she couldn’t really complaint about it. But if she went there and their reaction would be “Oh, Wolf Fang is here,” and they would just pass the work to her, that would really piss her off.

Razé: “Alright. Lieutenant Ducard should be free. Let’s ask him to go.”

Bonalt: “Huh? But it’s Risk Level 7?!”

Bonalt was surprised that Razé would pass the job to her subordinate.

Razé: “Risk level for beasts is way lower than monsters. He has experienced Zone 11, so there should be no problem. But I’m worried that Lieutenant Ducard would overdo it… Captain Bonalt, can you go watch over him so that he won’t come to blows with the Knights? ”

Bonalt: “Leave it to me.”

Bonalt knew that she trusted him, so he had no complaint. Normally, Razé preferred to handle everything herself. Bonalt felt it was an honor for being trusted with the task.

That fella Harul, I hope he won’t get carried away. Their battalion were full of people who were hard to control. But Bonalt was determined to accomplished his mission. He immediately went to find Harul Ducard.

― ― ―

At the same time, Zars Residence.

“Hmm. I think you have improved a lot.” Vanessa laughed happily after noticing that it was getting harder to avoid attack from Adis. She lowered her sword, saying, “Let’s take a break,” and sat down under a tree shade.

Adis took a cold drink and towel from the maid, and wiped his sweat.

Vanessa: “By the way, Adis.”

Adis: “Yes?”

Vanessa had been curious about something. She asked, “I heard you took the first place in the regular exam. Are you still going to join the Knights?”

Adis was silent for a while and then he replied, “No. I haven’t got the first place yet.”

Adis thought about the scholarship student. As long as he hadn’t surpassed her, then he couldn’t say he was the first. Besides, he still hadn’t took revenge for being defeated by her last year. He couldn’t join the Knights without redeeming himself. He wanted to win against her on the official stage, but she always lost her first match in each tournament. He was growing out of patience.