Chapter 17: Be Careful When Coming Out

The weather outside was sunny and warm.

Carna suggested to have a picnic someday, so they made plan to have a tea party at the flower garden next time. While they were talking about the plan, they had reached a huge building that was as tall as the clock tower.

“It’s huge!” Folia exclaimed as she raised her head to look at the library. So many books and documents were stored here including research materials and popular publications. Researchers who have obtained a special pass would also come to borrow technical books from this library.

Such a luxurious place. Razé was amazed at the overwhelming number of books she saw the moment she entered the library.

Carna: “With this scale, I don’t think we can cover the whole area just in one day.”

Razé: “Right. Just like Folia said, we really could get lost in the library.”

Folia: “Don’t worry. You can ask for help from the librarian. Shall we meet later at the counter on the first floor?”

Carna: “I’m okay with that.”

Once they have confirmed that, the three of them separated and went to the areas they were interested in. Razé straight away went to look for a biology journal.

“Found it.” She managed to find the book in no time by using detection magic. Then, she walked around looking for the other two girls.

“Which floor could they be …” Razé thought most likely they had went to read novels, so she went down to the third floor. As she walked down the aisle, she checked each row between the bookstack and saw milk tea colored hair not far away from her.

Razé: “Ah, Fo-”

Carna: “Razé-san, wait!”

When she was about to call out to Folia, Carna suddenly appeared from behind a bookshelf and pulled Razé’s arm.

Razé: “Wha- What happened?”

Carna: “Shh, don’t make a sound. I’m trying to confirm something now.”

Razé was puzzled when Carna covered her mouth. She then joined Carna to observe Folia who was standing some distance away. Folia was stretching her arm trying to pick a book from the top shelf.

“Is this the one?”

Claude Orr Lesir suddenly appeared next to Folia. Seeing this, Razé thought that it was rare for Claude to be by himself because he usually stayed by Ruben’s side.

Folia: “Ah, yes. Thank you.”

Claude: “No problem. That book was quite interesting.”

Folia: “Really? I can’t wait to read it! I really like the book written by this author. Lesir-sama, you know this author too?”

Claude: “… You can just call me Claude.”

Folia: “C- Claude-sama?”

Claude: “Yes. If you like this author, then I’d recommend you to read this book.”

The two of them looked like they were having fun and it was kind of a sweet moment. Razé was unsure how Lord Moldir felt about Folia, but looking at this situation, she felt sorry for him.

“Hmm, it seems that not all plots got changed …” Carna muttered to herself. Razé heard those words and looked at her.

Razé: “Plot?”

Carna: “No- Nothing.”

Carna averted her eyes awkwardly but Razé wouldn’t let her get away and grabbed her arm.