Chapter 34: Not Suitable

The morning was very cold in winter. Razé was awake but she didn’t want to get out of bed, so she snuggled inside her quilt.

Today was a holiday. Even if she slacked around until noon, no one would blame her. However, when Razé imagined that her subordinates currently might be training hard in the snowy weather, she felt bad as a superior for being the only one who could stay warm in bed. Besides, it was necessary to train daily to ensure that she could survive if and when she was summoned to a war.

Razé could see Folia’s shadow through the curtain. Her angel must had woken up early to study. Razé made up her mind and got out of bed.

“It’s so cold.”

She could use magic to warm up her body by heating the air around her body but she was not good at that type of magic. Even if she could do it for a few minutes, she couldn’t maintain it for an extended period of time. And so, she changed her clothes while shivering in the cold temperature, and then she greeted Folia.

Razé: “Morning. I’m off for my morning run now.”

Folia: “Morning, Razé-chan. It’s snowing outside. Are you still going for your run?”

Razé was surprised to hear her words and turned to look out the window. She said, “No wonder it’s so cold today.”

The ground was covered with snow outside. At that moment, she noticed a shadow moving through the snow. She was surprised and hurriedly went to open the window. She leaned out and strained her eyes. It was not a mistake; she did saw someone.

“Ian-sama?!” Razé was surprised when she found out who it was. She never thought that anyone would be practicing sword out in the snow like this.

“Huh? Is Ian-sama there?” Folia tried to look for him from the window but her eyesight was not as good as Razé so she didn’t see anyone.

Razé: “I’ll go out and stop him. It’s not good for him to practice like this.”

Folia: “Oh, okay. Should I go with you?”

Razé: “No need. It’s cold out there. I’ll just go and talk to him for a minute.”

Razé hurriedly went outside. She wondered why would he go out to practice in such a cold day. At this moment, she had totally forgotten one thing. This world was an otome game, and he was one of the love interests.

* * *

Ian Masse Durhua.

He was the grandson of the former Knight Captain. He was lively, friendly and passionate. His red hair suited his personality very well.

His father was born weak and was unable to become a knight, so he hoped that his healthy son could realize his long-cherished wish.

Ian grew up watching his grandfather being a knight, and he was attracted to the profession since he was young. From toy sword to practice sword, and as he grew older, he could use a real sword; a sharp blade that could cut through the opponent.

Ian had a straightforward and sincere personality, and he listened and learned a lot from the teacher who taught him swordsmanship. His dream was to become a Knight Captain in the future; just like his grandfather. To achieve that dream, he practiced diligently day after day.

He was not someone who would give up easily, but one day, something happened that made him seriously thought that maybe he should let go of swordsmanship.

“You’re not suitable for swordsmanship.”  It was a very low and deep voice. Those words hurt Ian deeper than a sharp blade could. After all, it was a word from his grandfather, a person whom he loved and admired. And because his grandfather had said it on his deathbed, Ian was unable to ask the true meaning of those words.