Chapter 26: The long holiday

The long-awaited holiday had finally arrived.

Folia got up earlier than usual. She combed her hair cheerfully, and then frowned her face because she couldn’t decide on what to wear. Razé watched her expression kept changing from one to another and thought it was cute.

Razé woke up from her bed and bid a temporary goodbye to her resting time. She would go to her office as soon as she returned to her home today. She would first need to confirm the current situation before she could start her work.

Aa-. I really hope the guys didn’t cause any trouble …

Although she was a little worried about her subordinates, she believed that they wouldn’t do anything stupid. Razé got ready to return home. She saw Folia nervously moved around in front of the mirror and said, “Folia. Let me help you with your make-up. And hair too.”

Folia shyly replied, “Okay.”

Aah. The shy angel is also cute too! Razé screamed in her heart as she helped Folia getting ready.

Folia: “We’re going to have Battle Fiesta right after the holiday, right?”

Razé: “Yeah. Time passes so quickly.”

Folia: “Oh, I forgot to tell you. Thanks to you, I’ve come up with the magic to defeat the opponent. Thank you, Razé-chan.”

Razé: “I didn’t do anything. That’s amazing, Folia. I’m sure Lord Moldir will be surprised.”

Folia: “I hope so.”

Razé: “You’re going to be fine.”

Folia: “What about you?”

Razé: “Huh?”

Folia: “Is there anyone that you want to invite to the Battle Fiesta?”

Razé was unable to answer the unexpected question right away. Admission was by invitation only so the parents or guardians needed to RSVP for the event. Razé didn’t have any living family members. Harlens was registered as her guardian when she entered the academy but it was for the procedure only. And she couldn’t trouble her subordinates to act as her relatives. Besides, it was not easy for them to get time off, so she should let them rest when they could.

Folia suddenly felt bad for asking that question when she saw Razé was unable to answer her. Razé decided to give a vague answer to avoid making Folia worried.

Razé: “There is. But I think they’re busy. I don’t think they can come.”

Folia: “Really?”

Razé: “Yeah.”

They went silent for a while. Then Folia said, “Razé-chan. I’ll bring lots of souvenir for you later!”

Razé: “Really? Then I’ll look forward to it. And I’d be super happy if you bring me sweets.”

Folia: “No problem! Look forward to it!”

Razé: “Un. Okay, your make-up is done.”

With her makeup and hair done, Folia had become 50% more cute. Razé hoped that she would be able to win Lord Moldir’s heart. It was for Carna and her own future.

* * *

The students gathered in the hall for the end of term assembly. They were wearing plain clothes and carrying their luggage. As soon as the assembly was over, they would be teleported to the same place where they came from. Thinking that she would need to cook and do everything herself from now on, Razé felt a bit troublesome. But at least it was for a short period during the holiday only. After the holiday was over, she could come to the academy again.